Preptober 2020 #5

Arceus

Welcome to Preptober! Periodically during the month of October, I'll be posting discussion topics that challenge you to think about your story and where you're going with it. You also get a small amount of points for your NaNo House for participating, so you can get your house an early lead during Preptober! If you had a House last year, you'll remain in it this year; if you don't have one yet, pop into the House thread and ask for one!

Our next topic for Preptober is: Tell us about the challenges you think you'll have to face for this story.

At the moment, my wrist is kind of a disastrous wreck. It makes typing for a long period very difficult, so I honestly don't know if I'll be able to sustain my long typing streaks as normal. I'd like to at least make it through one chapter a day, which for me will be around 3k words, it's not a slow pace and if I have a bad day, I can have a bad day without fear of falling behind, but it's also not the insane 40k/day gruelling pace I normally end up in. I may also have some slight issues keeping the story as fluffy and pointless as it's meant to be, but we'll see on that one. Ezio's quite well done with BS too and may help me maintain his story's integrity. xD

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been struggling with my muse lately, so I think I may struggle with all parts of my project. Lately it's taking me a lot more effort to respond to posts than I thought it would, and any of my personal projects have gone largely without updates. Finding the drive may also be something I need to just force myself to overcome.

I've already swapped primary concepts since last NaNo post.

Settling on something I can stand to work on for 50K alone is a big one. The general challenges of writing throughout November is another.

Settling for quality < quantity is the only way to really do this in a timely manner, and while I've gotten better about not overly fussing - I'm still a perfectionist to my detriment. Training myself to get out of my own way is a lifetime project.

Edited by Somniac
>< mathematical fail

By Wit & Whitby

[Plot] | [Rules] | [Wanted] | [Discord]

18+ | Victorian Era | No App | No Word Count |

PoC & LGBT-friendly | Newbie-friendly

I'm working kind of a weird schedule right now, and while it works and I don't dislike it my mind goes into "waiting to go to work" mode rather early and it has trouble Doing stuff before work if I'm not very careful. And then I get off very late, so doing stuff after work is also kind of hard. This could pose a challenge to meeting my word count goal - but I'm hoping to be able to overcome. 

affiliatebutton.png

Some must be warriors that others may live in peace.