Recaptcha Issue

Tyrone

Hi there,

Some users have informed me that they've been having issues with posting as a guest. They're receiving the following error message "the recaptcha response could not be found". The message seems to only happen sometimes with users able to register for the first time with no issues and some are able to make guest posts without this message appearing.

As far as I'm aware I haven't done anything that would affect the recaptcha as I just copied and pasted into the Core settings as directed, but are there any other files I should be checking in case I made a change to it accidentally? 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you actually using ReCAPTCHA or are you relying on the Vesta default anti-spam system?

Did you change template_post() in forum.template.php?

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

I am using recaptcha through copying and pasting the site key and secret key into core settings. 

I don't think I have, but I’ll try uploading the original just in case. 

Thank you for the help 🙂

If you are actually using reCAPTCHA, there are some issues with its integration with Vesta that I didn't realise would be an issue until Athens was already released. I had bigger issues for 1.0.1 to worry about, so it wasn't fixed in the bugfix release either.

Basically the method used to communicate with ReCAPTCHA's servers won't work on most shared hosts. You'll have to rely on Vesta's core anti-spam system instead for now, so leave those fields blank.

(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

I have tried restoring template post () to default and disabling the recaptcha as you recommended. 

However, I am getting a “recaptcha failed” message when I try registering and entering the site name as requested. 

Does your board's name have any special characters in it (basically anything besides a space)? Try changing it to a variant without the special characters and see if it'll work that way.