Admin Goals For The New Year

• Contributions Mod

I've been sick for most of December so sadly this was late, but what are your goals for this year as an admin or mod? You could also put your goals as a coder if you code here.

My big goal as mod is to be more active here. I have a hard time coming up with questions or will debate on whether to put some of my thoughts down. It's something I want to work on this year.  I also want to write a few guides. The big one on writing cultures that aren't your own. I see people ask about this and they get either no or bad help. 

I'd also like to get into coding. I know a little bit. I can read a good chunk of it. I just haven't known where to start and have felt intimidated. 

I'd also like to get a site up and running. 

What about you? What are your admin goals for this year?

• Love 1

I'd like to get my community members involved in more OOC activities! Posting as our characters isn't everything! It's nice to be able to connect with other players outside of threads! I've put up a few challenges and even started a new "bingo" game for OOC fun on my primary site. So new goals are going well!

I'd like to also learn more about coding where it concerns site skins. I know enough to manipulate and create from scratch some things, but not others. And scripting is lost on me except for VERY basic stuff, so I may try to pick up some knowledge there as well as time permits!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

i have a hard time coming up with ooc activities or coming up with prizes for after events, so id like to come up with something along those lines, along with getting more active!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Honestly, I am keeping it to... I want to maintain a site for six months. Everything past that will be a bonus! ❤️

• Like 1

Initiative.png.a7d5feeb090cdb7d78d7bddf1e3f65f5.png

• 2 weeks later...

Find and add a couple more players.  We've got six and it's a little thin. I don't think I could deal with more than 10, but a few more would be good.

Get everyone involved in the main plot so they feel that they're an important part of it.  We started an invasion of Earth storyline and hadn't really had a plot that spanned the whole game before.  I think that'll help.

Do more chatting with other people in the community.  I've already started on sites like this and on reddit and it's going well.  Mostly everyone is very friendly.

Maybe start a social media account for the game, like X (Twitter) where I can post a "post of the week" or something.

• Like 1

shadows.png.6876924961e032f5c681ba9f11df2adf.png

Discord    |    Masked in Shadows    |    Join

On 1/7/2024 at 7:04 AM, Mistress Of The Obvious said:

What about you? What are your admin goals for this year?

Full board upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3 - doesn't seem like much but oh my. I am not excited about that.

On 4/3/2024 at 6:44 PM, divabeq said:

Find and add a couple more players.  We've got six and it's a little thin. I don't think I could deal with more than 10, but a few more would be good.

I do enjoy thinking about bringing players into the fold. Interestingly I have probably about the same limit depending on how active they are. It is nice writing these dynamic stories tho.

Spoiler