A roleplayers peeve moments

Amelia

• Admin

When you ask someone a very direct question and they give you a vague answer. "Where would you like me to post it as it can go anywhere?" "Well anywhere is good." "......".

• I read this! 7

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Dead fish plotters.

"Hey, so I think this idea would work for this pair. What do you think?"
"Sure."
"Do you want to start or do you want me to?"
"I don't care."
"Okay, I can. Where does your person hang out?"
"Anywhere."

They are apparently incapable of helping put together a thread or plot but god forbid you drop it, then you'll be met with the fury of a thousand suns.

• I read this! 7

• 2 weeks later...

When people take canons waaaay too seriously.

I've literally had people pop into my board only to exclaim they won't be joining because X character is taken. Or, someone inactive takes a necessary canon and goes insane when warned about inactivity because they're needed in plots... Like, ridiculously dramatic about giving them up if they aren't willing to be active.

• I read this! 6

PuW4FhW.jpg
INDEX • PLOT  •  CANON LIST  • WANTED ADS

Expecting people that hold rank to do meet and greet threads with every single new character. These threads never differ are always the most boring thing on the face of the planet and generally turn into the new character/player attempting to establish some super special connection/seduce the ranker as opposed to anything worthwhile, not to mention filling up the ranker's time for no reason and completely destroying their desire to post.

• I read this! 4

13 minutes ago, Rune said:

Expecting people that hold rank to do meet and greet threads with every single new character. These threads never differ are always the most boring thing on the face of the planet and generally turn into the new character/player attempting to establish some super special connection/seduce the ranker as opposed to anything worthwhile, not to mention filling up the ranker's time for no reason and completely destroying their desire to post.

Holy marinara, this is The Worst Thing Ever, in every single star trek game I've played. That and the random let's talk about the space weather when we meet in the corridor logs.

I break my players brains when I throw them right into the plot, or throw them to a lower ranked character instead.

• I read this! 3

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

21 minutes ago, Death Kitten said:

Holy marinara, this is The Worst Thing Ever, in every single star trek game I've played. That and the random let's talk about the space weather when we meet in the corridor logs.

I break my players brains when I throw them right into the plot, or throw them to a lower ranked character instead.

We had to make it a rule. There was a weird trend for like 4 months when every new player (and anyone that made a new character) wanted to thread with the ranking person for their group but had no plot. They literally just wanted to meet them and get told all the info ICly. (Bear in mind, that is a lot of info.) Had someone straight up argue that their character had never been told Important Things because we hadn't threaded with them and told them every detail of their new werewolf life. (Because, clearly, we just have all the lore threads for shiggles.)

Come up with a plot or a REASON and maybe I'll consider it. But meet and greet threads are hard enough, especially when there's no reason for it beyond "Yup, I know you now."

• I read this! 4

The only good thing I can say about these sorts of threads is that my nco yeoman character I utterly adore was spawned by one of these threads because I refused to give the player that asked for the log my ranking character.

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

1 minute ago, Death Kitten said:

The only good thing I can say about these sorts of threads is that my nco yeoman character I utterly adore was spawned by one of these threads because I refused to give the player that asked for the log my ranking character.

I like to throw them at one of my low ranking troublesome characters that is referred to IC and OOC as a "bag of dicks" because he knows no one else can hurt him due to the fact that he'll submit and instinct rules. He also has no problem on calling anyone out on their shit and grates every ranker the wrong way. He gets punched now and then.

• I read this! 2

4 minutes ago, Rune said:

I like to throw them at one of my low ranking troublesome characters that is referred to IC and OOC as a "bag of dicks" because he knows no one else can hurt him due to the fact that he'll submit and instinct rules. He also has no problem on calling anyone out on their shit and grates every ranker the wrong way. He gets punched now and then.

Cecil just kills them with manners, breeding, and the occasional jab of sarcasm. I've only had him get mad once, and it was with his father who was just being an asshole.

Mostly, he's just happy to tend his plants, collate all the data, and raise his clone!son.

• I read this! 1

Maybe I'm just weird, but I will never get people who butter people up with conversation or beating around the bush a little before outright asking to rp.

For real. I'm on an rp site... because I like to rp. OOC communication is important, yeah, but really...

Just be like... 'Hey, you like things, I like the same things, let's create something wonderful!' As what I'm in the mood for, present some ideas, and the rest is history.

But, that being said, I'm bad at just cutting to the chase and telling them to ask me to rp already :,)

• I read this! 3

When multiple people say they'll help you admin a site or that they'll join a site you invite them to, and then they vanish into nonexistence without a word. I understand people can become busy... but not even one word of omg real life shit or I'm too busy. It's the worst when the person picks up a plot of yours or helps with an idea for a site but since they vanish you don't know whether to hand the plot off to someone else, and in the case of a site, continue editing ideas or whaaat.

Edited by Naome
  • I read this! 6

img

tumblr_opnrb7WTiz1tdfsf6o5_r1_500.gif

On 8/8/2016 at 11:17 PM, Sil said:

Maybe I'm just weird, but I will never get people who butter people up with conversation or beating around the bush a little before outright asking to rp.

For real. I'm on an rp site... because I like to rp. OOC communication is important, yeah, but really...

Just be like... 'Hey, you like things, I like the same things, let's create something wonderful!' As what I'm in the mood for, present some ideas, and the rest is history.

But, that being said, I'm bad at just cutting to the chase and telling them to ask me to rp already :,)

Not weird at all, I agree. It annoys me too.

THEM: Hmm what should I do with my character?

OTHER MEMBERS: -Make multiple helpful suggestions, offer to RP-

THEM: Hmm...not sure...

Then they should really work on telling us what they ARE sure about, because we can only suggest so much until we give up.

Best to just dive right in and pitch someone an idea. :D

• I read this! 3

Another pet peeve of mine is when there have been frustrations brewing between a couple members because of IC things. Than another member makes a comment on that and they get up set with that person. Dude just keep your freaking temper under control... 

• I read this! 2

people who sit around in the cbox and desire canon slots or other positions but never RP because they "don't have muse."

they don't even put in apps. they just show up on sites and pine over ranking positions and rare species but can sit around for months doing nothing because their muse won't let them. and they talk a lot about plotting but never put in the time to actually put in an app. siiiiiigh.

• I read this! 4