A roleplayers peeve moments

Amelia

7 hours ago, Rune said:

Replies that aren't.

You do a starter, the individual replies with absolutely no interaction. Or, if there is, its them saying 1 word.

Good luck replying to ALL THAT INTERACTION!

I had someone send me a starter with *nothing* for my character to work with one time, and because this was normal of this player's writing style, I proceeded to return in kind. We went back and forth a few rounds before I told the player, outside the thread, that his character better do something before mine just leaves because *he* asked to write together.

I don't make the mistake of compensating for non useful replies anymore. Either they want to write with me, or they don't.

• I read this! 2

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

@Death Kitten - Last person I had do this did it twice. First reply was with no interaction, second was minimal interaction and 1 word spoken after I forced them to interact. Then, immediately upon posting, they began to bitch about how "no one wanted to RP with them" despite the fact that they'd given me all of 6 seconds to reply and I'm notoriously slow/have a lot of tags to get to/working on shit behind the scenes, etc. 

Given that most of the old guard had been following the post because I bluntly asked them how the hell I was supposed to reply, she didn't garner much sympathy. (That and the fact that she hadn't been around in about a month and this was the only couple of posts she'd made. It was... Awkward. No one knew her, she hadn't made any effort to get involved and was then complaining about not getting threads? Uh....)

• I read this! 3

Speaking of starters, though I know it's been said before, 'bumping into your character to get attention' introductions make me cringe. I am finally get back into writing... and bam, I get that shit.

I understand wanting things to work with, and can relate to the sentiments about partners who give nothing, but I cannot stand that kind of forced interaction. For lack of a better word, I'm someone who likes to build so to speak. I won't always have my character interact in the first post (In my defense, it is the first post after all, it usually depends on the situation). Starts like that are not for everyone, but there are a million other ways to go about introducing two (or more) characters.

It's disappointing, honestly.

I've seen way too much of these 'bumping into your character to get attention' interactions. No, they are not cute, clever, or imaginative. At all. They're annoying and just need to fucking stop.

• I read this! 3

• Admin
4 hours ago, Sil said:

Speaking of starters, though I know it's been said before, 'bumping into your character to get attention' introductions make me cringe. I am finally get back into writing... and bam, I get that shit.

I understand wanting things to work with, and can relate to the sentiments about partners who give nothing, but I cannot stand that kind of forced interaction. For lack of a better word, I'm someone who likes to build so to speak. I won't always have my character interact in the first post (In my defense, it is the first post after all, it usually depends on the situation). Starts like that are not for everyone, but there are a million other ways to go about introducing two (or more) characters.

It's disappointing, honestly.

I've seen way too much of these 'bumping into your character to get attention' interactions. No, they are not cute, clever, or imaginative. At all. They're annoying and just need to fucking stop.

I took a stance that if I didn't have a more fun way to go about the bump into (like an epic fail of all the epic proportions then the character is bumping into SOMEONE ELSE!

A Peeve of mine is having to wait for a certain number of IC posts to create a new character when there aren't enough players to reach that count in a timely manner.

• I read this! 2

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

when a canon character in a fandom is not heterosexual and someone asks if they can change their sexuality

• I read this! 6

Not having enough time in the day to reply to all the replies you owe!

• I read this! 6

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

when a guest comes into the cbox and talks about taking one of your wanted characters for a while and then disappears without a trace

(happened twice to me today)

(sobs deeply)

(i just want some love)

• I read this! 4

On 10/23/2016 at 10:48 PM, balerion said:

when a guest comes into the cbox and talks about taking one of your wanted characters for a while and then disappears without a trace

(happened twice to me today)

(sobs deeply)

(i just want some love)

I was like 10 random guests deep in less than a year on the same wanted ad. I finally asked a friend to take it so, maybe, they'd stop pulling my heartstrings. It was one of a handful of similar (all for the same group) but this ONE was special, apparently. Friend took it and I haven't heard a peep about any of the others since.

• I read this! 2

3 hours ago, Rune said:

I was like 10 random guests deep in less than a year on the same wanted ad. I finally asked a friend to take it so, maybe, they'd stop pulling my heartstrings. It was one of a handful of similar (all for the same group) but this ONE was special, apparently. Friend took it and I haven't heard a peep about any of the others since.

I WOULD LITERALLY DIE IF THAT HAPPENED TO ME. Some wanted ads are just cursed I guess.

• I read this! 2

People that write their characters into a corner and then whine and bitch about how they can't do anything with them.

Or, worse, when they just refuse to do anything and try to make it someone else's problem. 

• I read this! 7

Guest Archaic Cyborg

When people do read your posts... And go on to deliberately ignore what was done, and they rewrite it to suit their desires.

example from a rp partner; his new partner insisted on passively ignoring his canon, because she desperately wanted a stupid fight/argument scene. E.g say my friend wrote 'XYX was doing his hardest to be kind with his offers', and the other writer reacted like so: 'ABC couldn't handle XYZ's bitchiness and snarky moods'.

And yes, she did describe my friend's anything-but-bitchy character, as bitchy, mean, snarky, moody, and every other negative term available. She didn't want to talk oocly, she just thought she could rewrite the scene without being noticed. XP I can't bloody stand those rpers. 

#2: 'will there be smut?'. Possibly, but this isn't a PWP rp, wtf. Go away.

#3: reactive writers. Rpers who just take, they don't advance the scene, not one post. All they do is rehash your post. This extends to Wallflower Caracters ala loners, hermits, 'quiet' characters. THESE ARE NOT FUN TO PLAY, LET ALONE INTERACT WITH!

When someone takes a canon character, but disappears. Or never responds to posts you've made in their plotter in an effort to involve them D :

Using very vague/every day face claims. Kiera Knightley? Really?

Not posting in the face claim thread. It's so easy but whyyy won't you do it

• I read this! 4

When you play a romantic counterpart for an RP partner and they play a romantic counterpart for you but they post more to the one you play for them then the one they play for you.

It always feels so one sided and I hate it.

Anonymous poster hash: dad88...035

• I read this! 5

This peeve is against myself. I am a visual person, but not quite. I mean, some visual things help with inspiration - in the idea that if I can't see like in a movie in front of my inner eyes what I am describing, I can't write it. But an image to spark inspiration like a writing prompt doesn;t work in most of the cases. I need words to spark associations of ideas.

• I read this! 2

On 27/10/2016 at 1:22 PM, Rune said:

People that write their characters into a corner and then whine and bitch about how they can't do anything with them.

Or, worse, when they just refuse to do anything and try to make it someone else's problem. 

Very much this!

Writing a character that doesn't go anywhere near places where other characters are, have a "stay the beep away from me" aura around them, ignore the offers in their plotter, make a want ad that nobody takes up becasue the existing characters apparently aren't good enough for them and then whines when they have no threads. >.<

• I read this! 5

5a691fb4de413_advertisingbanner_rpginitiativeTS.png.699678f5663abf3c750d133673768a18.png

Plot | Rules | Canons | Wanted | Advertising