A roleplayers peeve moments

Amelia

Why does it always seem like once you realize you are in a clique and work to be more open that you get booted?

• I read this! 1

Find me at:

Sunrises and Sunsets - Never-Ending Stories

"I can't get threads!"

"Have you posted on shippers or talked to people?"

"No..."

Repeat forever.

Anonymous poster hash: 87082...a16

• I read this! 3
  • LOL 1

When people act like there is an objective, universal standard for good writing/role-playing.

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 1

When people post their life priorities as a badge of "awesomeness" "Look I do X, Y and Z but I m still able to roleplay!"

Sorry that I don't do as much as you Captain awesome or sorry I do more than you Captain asshole.

Anonymous poster hash: dad88...035

This happened months ago: when you have an OC idea all mapped out, and it turns out that your partner wanted you to play an entirely different character.

Killed all inspiration I had for that rp...

I get that it was a fandom idea, but honestly I had thought the rp was just inspired by the fandom and not actually, literally, the fandom. The entire time during plotting, I was under that impression and not once was I corrected. Then the starter gets thrown up and I'm like 'wait, what?'. Maybe they just assumed I was onboard with playing out the fandom? I don't know...

This is why I almost never pick up fandoms or fandom inspired ideas. Something always end up happening.

Some things are just too good to be true, I guess *shrug*

When people want to write only the conflict parts, or only the moments when their character is the star. The story has also moments when the same characters can be supporting characters, still adding to the story, and quieter pace, tender moments (no, I am not referring to a romance, but it can be valid for that too). It isn't only conflicts and main characters.

• I read this! 3

Oh yes, the clique thing! When I was more active on twitter, I'd try to rp with anyone if I liked the concept of their character enough. It didn't matter to me if they were new, or been around for a while. I even attempted to introduce new people to others to make them feel welcome (so that they'd experience the opposite to what I had when I first started...) Having known what it was like to be alone, I didn't want others to have the same experience. Instead, all I got was 'you're into everything' or 'you deserted your friends' (the latter of which, was a lie...)

• I read this! 1
  • Love 1

When people demand that they be allowed to create rare/limited characters, but never actually post with the characters they have. Bonus points if they're constantly in the chat and making up excuses as to why they can't post.

When people complain about how they're having so much trouble coming up with a character, and don't appreciate your efforts to help. I don't mind questions or helping people out, not at all--I'm generally happy to assist. But...I can't write your character for you. You have to put in at least a little effort yourself.

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1

When I'm made to feel bad for taking a day or two to reply to a thread, despite posting in the absence forum. I have a life, peoples! 

• I read this! 2
  • Preach it! 1

Join us in the 12th Century, on Saints Sleep:

Sig.png

I also write on the brilliant AeRo!
B8CB4x.png

No, really, it's cool when I've made every possible effort to contact every single member about an important issue and you seem to completely ignore it.

No, I totally think you're committed and interested in staying. That doesn't make me think you don't give a shit at all. I'm about 2 inches from being done with this.

Anonymous poster hash: 88ff5...90c

• I read this! 1

My biggest pet peeve at the moment is when people get pissy with you for not conforming to what they want to do. It's either their way or they will whine until you finally give into them. That and looking for loopholes in the rules/lore to make what they want to do, possible x.x It's like, please just stop. You do not need to do that??? It makes me wayyyyy too frustrated and I often have to walk away for a little to try to recollect myself v.v

• I read this! 1
  • Agree 1

jak_sig_2sec_by_accenlia-dbcyqh8.gif

Not all things last... Some thrive in the fire while others die
Original High Medieval Fantasy || 3-3-3

When the c-box is only gif spam and complaints about work.

• I read this! 3

Reality is an illusion. 

I really, really hate it when I try to be super inclusive and roleplay with everyone....only to get get responses. Then later I'll see "Does anyone have free characters I can roleplay with?" Like yes. yes I do! I will happily roleplay with you if you just respond to me!

Or when someone wants to dominate the entire thread, where it's only about their character (and I'm not talking about a character development arc, I'm talking literally everything has to be about their character). Hasn't happened to me recently, thankfully, but in the past? Damn near ruined forum rp for me...

Another peeve is when I get a reply that has nothing to do with what I posted, or like they just kinda threw things together. I get creative blocks, but when I give you paragraphs to work with and only get a few lines in response I'm gonna be a little turned off.

• I read this! 3

haliea_sig.png.d576f8c161ea332444febd20bf4e72eb.png

Antarsia | Guidebook

When the Gods turn on their people, the tables turn.

Where will you stand?

Original High Medieval Fantasy || 3-3-3

This might be common, but when people join a site and seem to basically disregard the rules or they need to ask questions that make it obvious they didn't read any information. If you aren't interested in taking the time to check the site out for real, I'm gonna be giving you a reality check real quick.

Or those people who want you to pretty much make a plot for their own character. I have my own characters to think up plots for, you do your own.

• I read this! 3

img

tumblr_opnrb7WTiz1tdfsf6o5_r1_500.gif

I'm thinking I should try again to find a place where I can rp while my main site is a tad slow. 

I don't like people who mirror. I find it very difficult to build anything with those kind of people. Unfortunately a few members who joined recently seem to mirror. You could make the argument that good roleplayers work with anything, or talking things out with these people, but believe me I have tried to work with mirrorers before and every time I see my posts back to them shrink more and more because they don't appear to build anything off what I write and just respond.

In other words, it doesn't feel engaging. Yeah, I know people can write like three words (and I know I'm kind of just going on and on at this point) to make an engaging post, but if my partner doesn't build off of that and writes three words back? Then I just feel like I'm the only one writing the story. It's a reply, not something that moves things forward. Is what I'm saying.

Also, I want to get back into roleplaying, I do, but I am so behind with stuff I feel like I'm once again making promises I can't keep. I've had plenty of time to write this opening post, for example, but I'm just not feeling it. Every now and then I'll get a spark but at the end of the day, I either get side tracked bu video games or I end up staring at the blank Word page... It seems to be an awful pattern and I hope I break it soon.

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 1