A roleplayers peeve moments

Amelia

I also have a self peeve. 

I have always been one for strict activity rules, because they're what I was used to. But looking back, my own life and health don't always allow me to keep to my own rules and that's ridiculous and unfair to others. SO I keep waffling back and forth about whether I should do away with them or change them or /something/. 

I found what I hope will be a happy medium - everyone sets their own preferred speed and we do a cleanout of accounts that have been inactive for 2 months. Beyond that, it's on everyone to figure out what they want and communicate it to others. I hope it works. x.x

My second part of this peeve at myself is an extreme amount of anxiety. This is supposed to be fun and I keep stressing out over it because I worry that I won't make the right choices, even though I'm making ones that are best for me.

A second self peeve - I have too many characters again, but I want to play all of them and I enjoy having many to switch between. I just worry since having more means I'm slower overall [but the slower post speed and lots of plots is my preference]. I wish I didn't have such a need to create sometimes. x.x

On to a different peeve - people who don't seem to remember that there's a person behind the screen and that I am human and cannot be on call all the time, no matter the hour.

• I read this! 4

• 2 weeks later...

"Log into all your accounts."

Lol.

No.

• I read this! 3

Sites I Call Home:
1k76GZV.gif ZJInThk.gifFhVILvF.png

Ffs. 

People who join my board knowing it's a slow one and replies take a while, passive aggressively complain about it by dropping all but one character and cite the activity as why (because that's clearly why they aren't getting posts, it has nothing to do with the fact that they expect everyone to approach them every time and even then don't always respond), and then drop the site entirely and whinge about activity as one of the reasons they are leaving, even if nothing else with rl had happened. Couldn't just wish us well and state RL is why???? I mean why? Why have a go at one of the few things I have stated we will not change because the majority like things as they are and would even prefer I make things more lax because rl is a thing????

I don't like deleting farewells,  but this is the second time this player has put something in one that makes me side eye them. Last was on my old site and they publically named another site we'd been having trouble with in their farewell. Not sure what to do with this one. May respond all positive like and wish them well, even though I want to torch the post.

• I read this! 5
  • Preach it! 1

Lol, people who are not even staff members critiquing my app in the cbox. 

... How about you wait, son, and let the admins take care of that? Instead of bringing me down for literally no particular reason.

• I read this! 5

Sites I Call Home:

It's kind of on me, but... when I see the wanted ad, or advertisement for a site, and I get all excited and stuff, and then I read: "this character you really want to make is not allowed here".

...and then I read everything about the site anyway because I'm a masochistic person and enjoy the pain.

• I read this! 1

Shadow Lady

2hgzkwh.jpg

Sites that have rules that actually say 'don't be a fucking asshole', instead of saying something like 'don't be offensive' or something along those lines just seem tactless and juvenile to me.

Presentation, people. I get you want to be clear, but there are other ways to word things which make it more appealing. If your rules leave a bad taste, the rest of the site follows suit. It shows me the kind of people I'd be dealing with if I'd joined.

/end rant

• I read this! 6

I think the peeve that's bothering me the most right now are those that don't read everything that's set in a lore. They try to bring in characters from other places and, even while acknowledging they need to read more, they ask if characters x, y or z are able to be played. Meanwhile, said character breaks several pieces of lore for several reasons and isn't even remotely feasible.

But they ask anyway and try to shoehorn them in, rather than take the time.

• I read this! 7

I think the peeve that's bothering me the most right now are those that don't read everything that's set in a lore. They try to bring in characters from other places and, even while acknowledging they need to read more, they ask if characters x, y or z are able to be played. Meanwhile, said character breaks several pieces of lore for several reasons and isn't even remotely feasible.

But they ask anyway and try to shoehorn them in, rather than take the time.

So much this.

I used to have a roleplay in which there was in the picture bit: (human only)

Person asks "can I make a human-animal hibrid?"

I say no, they start working on the app. They ask me to look at the concept. I look, it's the hibrid. I say "change it, I told you no hibrids". They say ok and finish the app.

They send me the app with an image of a freaking furry and the bio indicating... it is the damn hibrid. I can't,

• I read this! 4

Shadow Lady

2hgzkwh.jpg

People who act as though if you don't roleplay their way, you're doing it wrong. It. Is. A. Hobby. It's supposed to be fun. If I want stress, I have my job already to provide plenty.

Now, I'm all for writing correctly and striving to make good posts, developing the plot, and working with my partner. But if I'm hit with a book of rules that are simply someone's personal concept and told that "I can't possibly roleplay anywhere unless I follow each one of them to the letter", I'll just stare blankly and say goodbye.

Sorry, I'm not being paid to do this. So, I'll do it the way I find entertaining. Thank you very much.

• I read this! 7

Shadow Lady

2hgzkwh.jpg

*types up intro post for new RP buddy*

*feels pretty good about it, sends it along to RP buddy*

*twiddles thumbs a bit*

*goes back to reread post because excite*

LORD WHAT HORRIBLE WRITING, HOW COULD I HAVE JUST GIVEN THAT TO SOMEONE ELSE TO READ, NOOOO WHYYY GODDDDD, NOOO

• I read this! 4

Sites I Call Home:

- Types post -

- Spell checks -

- Gets happy because everything is good -

- Posts -

- Checks post a while later - 

"Yeah, so, you didn't misspell anything, but oh, boy, did you put the wrong words there!"

• I read this! 6

Shadow Lady

2hgzkwh.jpg

Got a few:

- New member asks complicated question in CBox, which demands a complicated answer. Another random member (who is not staff) answers them, but answers WRONG! So when I login I have to go into correction mode and tell the member 'actually, that's not correct, this is!' Leave the questions up to staff pal. :P

- Someone asks for roleplay, great! Then they also ask me to start thread, alright. They reply once then the thread goes inactive. So I've just done a whole load of work to RP with you, then you leave right away? Must have not wanted to roleplay so badly after all.

• I read this! 5

And got another!

"I'm doing <basic plot which is not overpowered or need monitoring in any way>. Can you GM it for me?"

Firstly, I REALLY appreciate people asking this of me if it is warranted (difficult plot, blurring the lines, powerful world shaping concept that needs to be kept in check). In those cases, I am honoured.

But no, I don't have the time to GM every single regular plot. Get creative, draw conclusions yourself or with your partner. Control NPCs between the two of you. I know it sounds very un-adminy of me, but I have zero interest in GMing or NPCing a thread like I'm the third wheel. I want to use my own characters and have my own threads. I'll GM an event, but your own threads? No mate, that's up to you.

EDIT: Argh, sorry for double post. I just came back to this thread and made a response without looking at the last page, assuming there would be another post since my last. You know what happens when you assume, you look silly like Honorem! :P

Edited by Honorem

Aw, don't feel silly. It happens. 

For me, one of my biggest peeves is when somebody says "OMG, LOVE YOUR SITE. But it's on unfamiliar software so I'm not gonna join." Then don't tell me because I don't care.

• I read this! 6

Reality is an illusion. 

Related to that, Zozma, I used to get "This is an amazing site!!!!" And then no one joins, all the time, on my Futurama board. xD Like for real, so irritating. I mean I LOVE getting the compliments, but it was seriously like 2-3 people every day or every other day, and no one eeeever joined. If it's so awesome, why don't you just join? ;;

• I read this! 6

Sites I Call Home: