A roleplayers peeve moments

Amelia

9 hours ago, ammut said:

One of my pet peeves is when someone screams they need more plots in the chat... but then puts in NO effort to get said plots, even if people respond to them saying they'd be interested. It just says to me that they want other people to do the heavy lifting for them. No thanks. If you really want plots, make the first move.

It's even worse if they repeat this process every day but make no headway in plots. No thanks x Infinity.

There's also the variation where they are given tons of plots, and then REJECT all of the ideas, but continue to complain they don't have plots.

• Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Preach it! 3

5 minutes ago, Sora said:

There's also the variation where they are given tons of plots, and then REJECT all of the ideas, but continue to complain they don't have plots.

Bonus round:

They reject all of the ideas, complain they don't have plots and when asked what they want, they say something like "anything, just give me an idea". Noooope.

• Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Preach it! 1

Shady McShaderson

2 hours ago, Shades said:

Bonus round:

They reject all of the ideas, complain they don't have plots and when asked what they want, they say something like "anything, just give me an idea". Noooope.

Exactly this! Whenever this happens you just want to facepalm!

• Agree 1

• Operations Mod
22 hours ago, Shades said:

Bonus round:

I started responding to these people by linking them to a random plot generator, and telling them to come back when they find something that strikes their interest. So far they've all either shut up or actually come back with their own idea. Granted, its usually the first reaction - but they weren't contributing to begin with so no harm done. And when it works, we've upped productivity. 

Anyway yeah, throwing another voice out for the plotless whingers peeve. 

• Agree 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • LOL 1

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

1 minute ago, Dragon said:

I started responding to these people by linking them to a random plot generator, and telling them to come back when they find something that strikes their interest. So far they've all either shut up or actually come back with their own idea. Granted, its usually the first reaction - but they weren't contributing to begin with so no harm done. And when it works, we've upped productivity. 

Anyway yeah, throwing another voice out for the plotless whingers peeve. 

This is actually brilliant, and I'm so stealing this idea. Thank you!

Another major peeve of mine is people who join or consider joining a site and the first thing they ask is basically why are you doing things this way and not the way I want?  There are tons of site on every theme out there, and creating one takes minutes, so get outta here with this crap.

• Fuck Yeah! 1
  • You're Welcome 1

Shady McShaderson

Introvert characters played by people that don't know how to play introverts.

A bit of a complicated peeve, but long story short: Introverts can be very challenging to roleplay because you, the writer, have to be skilled at getting them involved in things so they actually have plots. So when people that don't know how to do this play an introvert... It just becomes a major headache for the writer and for those roleplaying with them because the character can be so difficult to work with.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

'I want novella posts' 

Bitch, do you even know what novella means? 

Anonymous poster hash: b4dc1...67e

• Love 1
  • LOL 2
  • Preach it! 1

• Admin
On 8/20/2019 at 11:43 AM, Sora said:

A bit of a complicated peeve, but long story short: Introverts can be very challenging to roleplay because you, the writer, have to be skilled at getting them involved in things so they actually have plots. So when people that don't know how to do this play an introvert... It just becomes a major headache for the writer and for those roleplaying with them because the character can be so difficult to work with.

I assume you're talking about the wallflower that refuses to talk to people and shuts down and ignores everyone which means that engaging them naturally is basically impossible and you have to basically kidnap them to get anything done which puts the onus of creativity on you and is draining and annoying?

Yeah agreed.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you 1
  • LOL 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

When there's a point system in place, and male characters are worth more for creation than female characters in the same category.

Edited by Lunaala
  • Cringe 4

7 hours ago, Lunaala said:

When there's a point system in place, and male characters are worth more for creation than female characters in the same category.

I never liked points. "My guy is a 50 year old knight but he's just worn his underpants around everywhere so far because he didn't have enough posts to buy armour yet." It doesn't work for play by post RP, imo.

But damn. One gender giving more points? It's ridiculous. Were they trying to get people to make more males so there was an even balance? Insane decision regardless.

• LOL 4

7 hours ago, Honorem said:

I never liked points. "My guy is a 50 year old knight but he's just worn his underpants around everywhere so far because he didn't have enough posts to buy armour yet." It doesn't work for play by post RP, imo.

But damn. One gender giving more points? It's ridiculous. Were they trying to get people to make more males so there was an even balance? Insane decision regardless.

It's more a point system where you can buy things for the site like rare pets and unique traits, and male characters give you more of those points than female ones. Character slots also had to be purchased on my old site, and until I complained to an admin about it, female characters cost more than male ones. It was a hold-over from the old admin's nasty days. Sadly, even sites in the fandom that say "oh we don't care what gender your character is, personality is more important" seem to want you making more men than women :/.

• Like 1

When you see someone else’s plot and it inspires you to write something similar except mods make a rule  “nope, no more body swap curses”  **just random example. 

• Preach it! 2