A roleplayers peeve moments

Amelia

When you create a new character and have an sudden and overwhelming influx of thirst plots thanks to the play by you used. When you [politely] refuse to smut the plots all vanish. Such is the life of a 333 board.

Slightly similar to @SithLordOfSnarkand @Bolgron's remarks... except with playbys not players.

When you find a perfect playby....

and they have like six pictures from five years ago and are no longer very active in print/media. QnQ

• Agree 1
  • Cheers 3

BLACK LAND | Plot | Species | Discord

A Modern Supernatural RP with a Midwestern Gothic Vibe

I guess when people swear up and down that "the way to know a character is to have an application outlining every detail and their development", then you flip open a character application and scroll through... yet the content is written in some kind of abstract prose-poetry fusion like "she sways like a centennial shift" or "you were rouge at first, but incandescent later"...

It makes me come out confused about wtf the character is and none-the-wiser 🤷‍♀️

• Preach it! 3

When people go to a site only to open a want add and wont actually plot with no one else.

When people wont accept that i like to write at least a thread as if our characters just met before defining relationships, i thinks it's better to know our characters chemistry and if our writing styles met.

Sites where is not mentioned anyway you cant't do something and you try to do it, and it's not even a thing that involves anyone else and then they wont let you and then refuse to give you an explanation.

When you create lore, not even that much, just a basic outline of things and people ignore it.

Idk, more? i guess.

• Agree 1

On 9/26/2019 at 8:18 PM, AdAshtra said:

When you find a perfect playby....

and they have like six pictures from five years ago and are no longer very active in print/media. QnQ

Oof, that. Or when your vision of the character is one specific version of that person from one particular movie/show and there are like.... no screenshots or promo images. 😐 

• Agree 2

On 9/28/2019 at 5:22 AM, Skadi said:

I've started listing all my characters as "demiromantic" so that I have an excuse for why my characters won't just fall into bed with people.

pls stop doing this.

1, you want demisexual, demiromantic merely means they require to know someone very well to fall in love, it has nothing to dow ith the bedroom, 2, you dont need an 'excuse' for your characters not to do this, a no is a no is a no end of discussion, ban block whatever this person if they get insistent about it and won't take no for an answer bc it's harassment and toxic behavior, and 3, this will make it harder when ppl figure out some are lying about it for those of us that do actually have demisexual characters.

i dont like ppl that inject themselves into canons that are somehow connected to another canon character they adore jst because they want an excuse to basically harass the player of said other canon character.

• Agree 1

that which does not kill me, had better run; because now im pissed.

You can find me on Simprovise

When people create two characters who are in a relationship and don't interact with anyone else because all they're interested in is writing their ship threads with themselves. Double points if they grab important characters but never use them to plot because they're too busy romancing themselves and writing about how great their main is and how much their secondary character loves them. Sadly, had it happen more than once in roleplays I was running. x.x

• Like 1
  • Preach it! 3

Shady McShaderson

I hate when I put a lot of time an effort into a reply that turns out rather lengthy for me... only to get a bare paragraph or a little bit more back.

Writing or reading posts in the present tense. It's annoying. 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Arceus said:

The second any of my characters is mean to another character even though it makes sense for them, I kind of have a mini-panic attack because I'm afraid they're going to flip out OOC and think I, the player, hate them. Doubly troublesome in admin roles, and I kind of really hate everyone that's done that in my past and made me like this. I'd like to be able to play my characters true to how they are without way stressing myself out. It's just so unnecessary and now I have a mild trauma reaction to it, so freAKING THANKS.

I have basically stopped playing one of my fave characters canon to what I made her because of this. It sucks and makes me not want to play her at all.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

8 hours ago, SithLordOfSnark said:

I even come with a disclaimer "Tends to play assholes." and people still freak out assuming I dislike them because my character stole their chocolate.

I avoid this by having my characters talk shit about each other lol

• Like 2

• Operations Mod
11 hours ago, Arceus said:

The second any of my characters is mean to another character even though it makes sense for them, I kind of have a mini-panic attack because I'm afraid they're going to flip out OOC and think I, the player, hate them. Doubly troublesome in admin roles, and I kind of really hate everyone that's done that in my past and made me like this. I'd like to be able to play my characters true to how they are without way stressing myself out. It's just so unnecessary and now I have a mild trauma reaction to it, so freAKING THANKS.

I feel this complaint with a passion. 

However, on the flip side - I hate it even worse when Player A's character is mean to Player B's character - and then Player A has the nerve to get upset that Player B's character is mean to them in turn. So Player A flips out OOC like Player B has some vendetta against them. 

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

So what, is Player A upset that their statement of 'hey, my character is an asshole' doesn't just automatically guarantee them Alpha-Status in the thread? News flash - there are plenty of people out and about in the world who will bow and buck up against an asshole. 

If they weren't being an asshole to me as an OOC entity, while their character was being a dick - then why is it that I'm being an asshole to them OOC when my character acts like a dick in return? 

• I read this! 1
  • Fuck Yeah! 2
  • Preach it! 2

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

How about when players/a site posts want ads for older characters, and then complains when no one takes a seventy-year-old, yet none of them will play a character over the age of thirty themselves. Does anyone really want to play the one “old” character by themselves? Conversely, this applies to other non traditional characters as well, like those that don’t look like supermodels. Sorry I don’t want my character’s entire story arch to be your girl’s “ugly” best friend? 

Also, I LOVE lgtbq characters so please don’t misunderstand. But it bothers me when you’re on a site with an overwhelming number of female characters and no males, so the admins ask if people could please make at least one male since they only play girls. Suddenly, you have females, and then males who all happen to be lgtbq, yet the players complain because there isn’t anyone for their female to date. 

When a player comes to me and asks me not to make a female character, but make another male character instead. I prefer playing female and have a lot of males already, but they turn me into their boyfriend feeder for all their characters. They don’t interact with my female character if I make her. 

Edited by Iris
  • Like 2

When you create a template with code and people don't use it.

Grrrrr

• Preach it! 1

When somebody posts a copy/paste reply into my plotter with the parting comment, "come to me if you have a plot". Um. No? Don't come to my plotter with that shit. First, it's rude that you LITERALLY copied and pasted a post you posted in somebody else's plotter. Second, telling me if I have a plot to come to YOU when you couldn't be assed to come up with any ideas for me, in a fucking PLOTTER. Get out. 

• LOL 2
  • Preach it! 1

Reality is an illusion.