Flakes

Cloud

Does anyone deal with flakes (people who say they'll do things, but don't) as often as I do?

Doing the proper admin thing I hit up people and do advertising as much as I can during my free time. Often this involves hitting up old role-playing buddies or making sure members who have gone inactive are doing alright (Although this is more genuine than me adverting. I firmly believe Life > Roleplay and do get personally attached to people I get to know). Often this leads to them assuming I'm there to bother them back onto the forum and they feed me promises of their return. 

But never do. 

I'll hit them just for a conversation and as if they feel guilty about not being there, they make sure to mention that they intend to be on site, but as per the norm never do. This is more than one person (been running role-plays for more than a decade so I got a long contact list of people I talk to in order to keep up with old friends >.o). 

Curious about your experiences with this type of person. The one who promises, but never lives up to it or simply leads you on. How do you handle these people?

• I read this! 1

newersig.png

All the time. At first I used to be like "No no dude, it's fine, I'm not here about the site", but eventually I stopped bothering. People like that just find themselves removed from staff (if they were one) and I eventually stop bother trying to stay in contact. If they don't consider me worth talking to for normal convo without assuming I'm just trying to manipulate the people points back, then I don't have time to chase them either.

• I read this! 2

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

I don't bother. I don't have the time or patience to chase after people. And, frankly, I don't think I should have to. They're adults (or adult enough anyway to know their responsibility and value commitment). If they want to be a part of our site then they need to put in the time/effort and commit. But don't jerk the rest of us around and/or feed us excuses, just be honest with us.

• I read this! 5
"There are three sides to every story... Your side, their side, and then somewhere in the middle is the truth."