Best Board Host

CovertSphinx

1 hour ago, Faylen said:

I've also found that most Jcink forums irritate me beyond all belief. So many forums with tiny tiny fonts that I can't read. 

Well that specifically is not a Jcink problem. That is just a weird fad that doesn't see to want to go away. I mean, I love to read and write, but not when I have to glue my Halloween mask to the monitor. 

• I read this! 3

mydeviantart.png mytumblr.png myweasyl.png

poke_bro.png

28 minutes ago, CandleJack said:

Well that specifically is not a Jcink problem. That is just a weird fad that doesn't see to want to go away. I mean, I love to read and write, but not when I have to glue my Halloween mask to the monitor.

Yeah, I just only seem to find that fad on Jcink, so my brain naturally associates it with Jcink for some reason. Maybe it's just the main skinners on Jcink that a lot of people install on their board? I know most people don't do their own CSS and have some database of skins they select from. I can only guess the root of the issue lies in there. 

• I read this! 1

newersig.png

• Admin

It's not just a JCink thing. I find that to be a thing across many forums (the tiny font thing). It's actually really bad for responsive web design. This is why I've had this:

axb878.jpg

• I read this! 4

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I keep wanting to try MyBB (or even baby Icyboards) and see what it's all about but to be honest, the RPG resources for them is... next to non-existent. I need variety! From a non-self-hosting perspective, Icyboards sounds fantastic but there are like... two skins I like and everybody uses them because they're the only good skins. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

• I read this! 1

Reality is an illusion. 

• Admin

@Zozma There are some really nice skins posted in the DF Code Gallery by @Gotham's Reckoning

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.