How long do you keep unfinished WIPs?

Honorem

On 3/8/2016 at 9:23 AM, Morrigan said:

Since I don't use a standard app system I don't normally have a problem with WIP. I personally, never like to post WIP apps either for the same reason I don't like apps. I don't like to wait. I feel that if I post a WIP then I am advising the staff to ignore my app.

So then, what is your app set up like?

mydeviantart.png mytumblr.png myweasyl.png

poke_bro.png

• Admin

My app systems are normally optional or just require basic stats (eye color, hair color, height etc).

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• 5 weeks later...

Because "app-poof" is a very real thing, I have a rule that we require apps to be finished within 1 week but I generally give it longer. The rule is mostly so I have something to fall back on when I archive it. If the person re-materializes, I'll move the app back and they can continue on it. It's been my experience that if they haven't been chatting with us, working on it, telling us what's taking so long, ect - they probably aren't going to return. *sadface*

• I read this! 1

I have a system set up on my sites. If it's a site with canons and OC's, canon's have a week to get their app up. If they don't then the canon re-opens. If no one takes it after two weeks, everything is archived. OC's are allowed to sit for two weeks unfinished. If they don't finish it, I delete OC's so no one has a chance to steal someone else's work.

It's how I've always done it. Seems to work pretty good.

• I read this! 1

LAMSig.png.4a4090b379562b2600cc05eefdbfa826.png

• 1 month later...

I give people two weeks to get their WIPs finished and to notify me when they are done so I might review their applications. However, if people have been working on a WIP and need more than two weeks, and have been upfront and honest with me about their application-writing process, I have no problems giving them more time at all. If a WIP sits there unedited and the deadline passes, however, I move the app to a specific applications archive board. Nothing ever gets deleted on my forum unless it breaks our rules/our host's TOS/etc., even if the person has deleted their account. 

• I read this! 1

• 2 weeks later...

I archive work in progress applications after two weeks, but only if the person writing it hasn't logged in or added to it during that time frame. I understand posting work in progress applications, if you have something written in them at least, but completely empty ones boggle my brain. 

• I read this! 1
  • Agree 1

rsz_nightborn_signature.png.49b292d20e17d3c29707bfecdb8bb800.png

Our rules state that we allow four days for an app to be finished and then we archive it. In reality, I tend to give people a little extra leeway when needed. I created another board in our Archives called the Holding Area where we move things that have been sitting for a while. It seemed to reduce the clutter and people can still access it.

We give people two weeks after the time we have given feedback, and if there have been no edits during that time, the sheet gets archived. (Though we will bring back archived sheets on request, in case people just get busy with life.)

• I read this! 2