Creating Events

Morrigan

• Admin

So something that I'm doing for a site that I'm on is creating an event. It's something that I will need to find a theme and preferably images to help the visually stimulated people that are a part but I'm curious, how is it that you go about, personally, finding this sort of thing?

The example, in context, is I'm about to run a ball, it's a modern day ball and I need to find images of a banquet hall, preferably with decorations etc. But I have no idea where to start? Any suggestions?

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Guest Ganta

I go to Pinterest, it is usually where most high quality images are and well private websites. 

If I know some I would also use Google to search up Britain's Palace; Queen Elizabeth who has an enormous ball room with a unit of perhaps hundreds of meters across the floor but an excellent place to take reference.

Here are some examples which I found now:

c7c8680d6065af6f493d876e3f83d09a.jpg

Absolutely beautiful.

67-palace-Buckingham+Palace%252C+of+The+

I use google image for all my searchings. Wedding halls might be a good search parameter to try as well.

• I read this! 2

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

Stock photography sites are a good start, too.  Many of them offer photos for free (truly free, for commercial or private use), which helps prevent copyright infringement issues if you're worried about that.  

Some good stock photography sites I use are:

Pixabay.com

Morguefile.com

Pexels.com

I'm sure there are others out there, but those are the ones I usually start with when searching.  In the case of Pixabay and Pexels, you're guaranteed to find high quality, professional artwork, whereas Moreguefile has stuff from amateurs and hobbyists.  It can be hit or miss with Morguefile, but there is sometimes a lot more variety because people are submitting photos of whatever they think looks cool.  Haha

• I read this! 1
  • Love 1

vhyn2f.jpg  2vubgx1.jpg

• Admin

Thank you everyone! Apparently looking for Emmy award parties is also a great way to find cool shit.

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.