Help me History Nerds! You are my only hope! <3 re: Naming things

Bishop

Ok so as I've made pretty clear all over the net I've made a Venice RP (1792) and so far it is already active and going crazy with happy plotting, but as I set up the IC boards I worry about a few things:

1. I know that sometimes a historical board can be super intimidating to join and I want to make sure that all my boards are easy to understand and jump in for new people (or new players that are over 18) but I am finding myself with this one using a lot of the Italian names that they are called IRL, and I worry that will be too confusing.

2. Using the original Italian words v. the English counterpart.

I do plan to have a really nice table of contents set up that way people can read as they want info, but as we all know that doesn't happen. But what I really want advice on.

Do I keep the Italian names and just hope that people will google what they mean, or would it be super tacky to name the forums something like this-- Arsenale (The Shipyard),  Piazza San Marco (Saint Marco's Square)

Or should I just find the English translation?

HELP!

• I read this! 1

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

• Admin

For me that's sort of a coin flip. If your members are liking it so far I say stick with what you have. For me it doesn't matter as long as it's easy to reference back like I don't have to search for "Piazza" but can search for "Square" and the description gets me there I'm good. It really depends on how you want the locations referenced IN game. If you would prefer the Italian name then use that. If you would prefer the English Variant then I would use that. @Bishop

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

It is an Italian setting, It is normal to be called Italian names. If you are in Mexico, in Argentina or in Spain, aren't there Spanish names? It comes with the setting and it gives a stronger immersion.

If people want to join and love the setting, they will read and they will adapt to it. If they want just the flavour of the day before the next flavour, then they won't be arsed to put the effort.

• I read this! 1