The diversity of "your cast"

Josie

I look at diversity more for the possibilities / stories, and most of the time, I'm already out of my comfort zone when RPing because I'm playing in situations I'm wholly unfamiliar with. I've never been to Haiti or India. I've never lived in the 18th century. I've never been without advanced technology that allows us to communicate across countries or the globe in less than 30 minutes (dial-up age, old phones) or later on, in the blink of the eye (cell phone, cable interwebs, etc). So why not go the next step and look at other things I'm already unfamiliar with and can learn a whole bunch about:

• The color of one's skin being different than mine.
  • The language they speak being something I'm not familiar with.
  • Super different cultures, like Indians, Siamese, French, Prussians, etc.
  • One girl I play is super tall and I am super short.
  • I have no idea what it's like to possess a penis, but I enjoy playing a variety of male characters more than I do playing the females.
  • All sorts of tropes! I play brainy females, flighty not as bright females, intelligent but grumpy males, males with explosive temper and average intelligence, hard working types of either gender, lazy types of either gender.
  • Age range? Currently between 18 to mid 30s. I loved playing a 50 year old man once, and almost played a 60 year old man.
  • Sexuality and intimacy/relationship stuff is something I need to explore more. Most of my characters are heterosexual and extremely monogamous. One male prince is bisexual (but also incestuous which is a squick factor but hella fun to play in fiction). I want to play a bisexual or lesbian who enjoys a poly arrangement once I get my main cast up and more active.
  • I've only ever played a non-human once and didn't stick to it. I play primarily normal humans, though it would be kind of cool to play a mage or a cyborg. Maybe.
  • I read this! 3

300x80AdBanner.png

home sweet home.

18th century British India rp. Jcink premium.

be geeky with me!