VZ's Tiramisu Cheesecake

VirusZero

The original recipe is here. (My version combines suggestions from several different raters.)

Ingredients

For the base:

3 (5.28 ounce) package ladyfingers (You may want to go with 2 instead if you don't want to top the cheesecake with them.)

1/4 cup butter, melted

1/4 cup coffee-flavored liqueur (Kahlua or Baileys)

For the cheesecake layer:

3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese

1 (8 ounce) container mascarpone cheese

1/4 cup coffee-flavored liqueur (Kahlua or Baileys)

1 cup white sugar

2 eggs

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

For the glaze:

1 package of semisweet chocolate chips/chunks (you choice since they're getting melted either way)

1 cup heavy/whipping cream

1 tablespoon coffee-flavored liqueur (use more if you desire)

Directions: 

1- Crush the package of ladyfingers to crumbs. Mix the melted butter into the crumbs. Moisten with the coffee liqueur. Press into an aluminum pan.

20170224_145642.jpg

20170224_145947.jpg

2- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, mascarpone, and sugar until very smooth. Add the coffee liqueur, and mix. Add the eggs and the flour; mix slowly just until smooth. Pour batter over crust in the aluminum pan.

20170224_153246.jpg

3- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

4- Place cheesecake in a pan of water (filled half full) then place on middle rack of oven. Bake until just set, 40 to 45 minutes. Prop open oven door (a spoon works well here), and turn off the heat. Leave cake to cool in oven for 20 minutes.

5- Remove from oven, and let it finish cooling, about 30 minutes.

6- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight.

7- Combine half the chocolate chips/chunks, heavy/whipping cream and liqueur in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir constantly until thoroughly mixed/melted.

20170225_165540.jpg

8- Set glaze aside to cool/thicken for 30 minutes.

9- OPTIONAL - If you're placing any lady fingers on top of the cheesecake as garnish, feel free to do so now. (Or wait until the glaze is on, your call really.)

20170225_165836.jpg

10- Drip the glaze over the top of the cheesecake. 

20170225_170106.jpg

12- Place cheesecake in fridge for at least 30 minutes more.

13- Serve. 

I've never made this cheesecake before so I'll update later with reactions.

EDIT - 

This one is a keeper. The group I made it for enjoyed it a lot. Lots of comments on this on. 

It's very good, just a hint of coffee flavour but not too much. (Definitely was a good idea to up the coffee liqueur amount to 1/4 a cup per cookie base and 1/4 cup in cheesecake layer otherwise it would have been too weak. Those who like a stronger coffee flavour may even want to up it further for the cheesecake layer. I wouldn't up it any further for the cookie layer though.)

Edited by VirusZero
Added reaction
"There are three sides to every story... Your side, their side, and then somewhere in the middle is the truth."

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic