What is your characters greatest secret?

Cyn

One of my favourite things to do with a character is to have some life altering secret they're holding onto that could change their whole future if found out, like the girl who gave up her baby for adoption or the woman who is secretly a werewolf. The man who keeps youngsters as 'pets'.

What's your characters greatest secret?

Find me on my sites!
The Next Incantation :: The Last Island

• 4 months later...

"Youngsters are pets" LOL love it, @Cyn!

Lemme see.... Well, I have one (a vampire) that was keeping a secret that she killed her sire, but I think she told someone. And another was keeping the fact that she and her best friend had drunkenly gotten married a secret until he decided to blurt it out by way of introduction to her boyfriend.

• LOL 1

Find me at:

Sunrises and Sunsets - Never-Ending Stories

• 3 months later...

Lavellan's secret is that the anchor on her hand is slowly killing her. She takes great care to hide the tremble of pain whenever she uses it and to hide the green veins that creep up her arm. She doesn't want people to know she might not make it. They're either her friends or they look to her to save them, and she doesn't want to disappoint them.

• I read this! 1

• 2 months later...

Dammit, I have never noticed my characters were so honest. Truth be told, I don't have many characters at this moment.

There was Einar, whose big secret was he was born female (he's a ftm trans), and I think he's the only one who actually had one of those. Wallace kept to himself that he was bisexual when he started serving in the army (although he never really hid much) but he's out now. Cassandra and Stephanie are the most honest people you'd ever meet; they are honest to the point of being rude and gross sometimes.

I guess all of them have their infamous moments they prefer not telling everyone about, but nothing outstanding.

• Love 1

mwBMe5.png

• 6 months later...

Alexandria Hallows: Has a rich family connected to the mafia.

Evelyn Marx: Unknowingly a failed clone of a rich daughter.

Hallen Vorne: Murderer in the making.

Alesana Durand: Digital code trapped inside of a human body.

• 2 weeks later...

Bud's biggest secret is that she's not actually a he. She figures cross dressing during the zombie apocalypse is probably the best way to keep from being assaulted as long as she can actually keep up the charade. Bud's been found out a few times but thankfully it's been by people who are actually trustworthy... or those who have since died. 

• Great Idea 1

• Operations Mod

In his original incarnation Red's deepest secret was that he'd been having a long term affair with his friend's wife and most of "their" children were actually his.

bannerlong.png

0_mainsignature (1).jpg

rpgida.png

Icon & Profile set by The Inquisitor of Dragon Age: Absolution

My boyo Magnus has a son with someone. It's a magical world so a spell was purchased to sweep the memory of the mother's mind. He had a problem with the closeness brought on by two people having a child together. So now he has a son with no mother and a member of his crime family unaware they have a child. His son only knows his father and luckily no one, including him has asked who the mother is. o.O

My ME, Riku, is a celestial (immortal, etc) who uses his job to cover up the deaths of people killed by the supernatural.

My magically muted character, Silas, is falling in love with a deaf man who often visits his shop. Even if he could talk right now, he probably wouldn't. Just keep it secret 5ever.

Reality is an illusion. 

Hm... I have one where his whole plot is based on his guilt over his secrets, things he has done in his long immortal history that he considers unforgiveable sins. He killed his grandfather fighting on the wrong side of the war when he was young even though forgiveness was later granted by the gods for the act he will not forgive himself. Will not tell anyone about that... lies about his past and where he is from.

Later on he made a weapon while under the instruction of a mentor (whom he did not know was corrupted enemy), that weapon ended up in the hands of the enemy and he blames himself for everything the enemy does with that weapon. Doesn't want anyone to know that secret either.

Another huge one is he had a foster son he raised, later on in life when foster son was mortally wounded the son gave him an ultimatum about "I need you to raise my daughter but I also need you to do this." And he could not do the thing his son asked him so he gave his granddaughter away for someone else to raise... buuut he did not tell his wife/lover woman about the ultimatum, only told her that the son did not want them raising the child, so he's keeping that secret from her while watching the child grow up and make terrible decisions from a distance that he could have stopped.

Character so guilt ridden over so many bad decision/secrets he makes! He is fun to write.

• 2 weeks later...

My main OC is from a world where there was a pretty clear idea of what a hero was supposed to be and how they were supposed to act. Because of that she has a very strict, self imposed, 'no killing' rule, no matter what. But her gift/curse has forced her to some very dark places, both mentally and literally, and she's broken that oath once. It's one of her greatest shames, and only one other person knows about it.

5at4pq.gif rRJM42.png

• 2 months later...

The baby is actually his.

Respice Finem

Can be found causing mayhem and intrugue at Dawnbreak.

image.png.26f869973cedc9bd084f357aedf7c335.png

She's eaten human flesh (even more taboo in her world than it is in ours)... and she's liked it. Not sorry at all. Of course, that doesn't mean she's gonna go around telling people she did.

Shady McShaderson

1 hour ago, Shades said:

She's eaten human flesh (even more taboo in her world than it is in ours)... and she's liked it. Not sorry at all. Of course, that doesn't mean she's gonna go around telling people she did.

I had a demon character once (well, still do but nowhere to play her) who legit would die if she did not consume human flesh. She ended up marrying a human demon hunter, who obviously took issue with her dietary needs. Much hilariousness ensued. 

My current incarnation of Lady Vesta Meiriella: Her womb is barren, and thus she cannot produce a natural heir to her family bloodline. 

• Agree 1

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Asden is a dragon; a dragon laguz (this being in Tellius).  He knows this, and he's known it every 180ish years of his life.  It's something only a trusted few know, and most of those trusted few have since past.  He hides his ears and his brand behind a headband and his long hair.  People just think he prefers the company of wyverns just because he's a loner sort that prefers them to other humans.

tumblr_o4od0wR43y1ta7p7ko1_400.gif

Button.gif 

Currently working on: a Fire Emblem RP set in Tellius