I'm so tired of...

Morrigan

2 minutes ago, Bass said:

I'm tired of people wanting to have relationships, familial/friendly/romantic, and not wanting to discuss anything at all. Especially when they expect a fully developed relationship without having any sort of history with them.

Especially if they take your wanted ad and then don't want to plot anything with it.

• I read this! 3
  • Preach it! 1

I'm tired of a couple things, actually...

• Roleplay becoming a job due to either how time is set up on a forum, rigid activity checks, outrageous post expectations, etc.
  • Roleplay partners becoming annoyed with me for not responding fast enough, not talking to them enough, or otherwise just being occupied in the world outside of roleplay
  • Losing friends in the roleplay community due to work, school, moving houses, holidays, etc. simply because I choose to handle my life over checking in and posting
  • Going off of the last two, checking in and informing a roleplay buddy that "hey some shit's going down, don't know when I'll be back online because of wifi or whatever" and then proceeding to be passive-aggressively punished for it. Sometimes even so much as to lose said friend or be verballly slapped with, "Well I don't know how long I can wait for you to be my friend." First of all, you don't have to wait for me. Secondly, me not talking to you for a couple weeks or months shouldn't stop you from liking enough of my traits to be my friend, and thirdly - When I stayed up for hours writing and talking, consoling and grieving, why can't you offer me the same respect? All things considered, you even saying such a thing makes me believe you aren't much of a friend to begin with. Grow up.
  • The consistent will they/won't they dilemma's. They probably won't at the pace you're going. Take risks!
  • Roleplay doesn't always have to be romance; it can be medical illness, it can be familial struggles, it can be so much more. I'm so sick of only having romance and friendship plots. Give me the enemies and emotional stress I crave! I know roleplay is supposed to be an escape for a lot of people, but that doesn't mean the struggles our characters go through have to be purely romantic. It's kind of flat perspectively and leaves a bland taste in my mouth after awhile.
  • Characters who only care about sex. I'm not talking about the characters that do it right, and have a personality that is either unrelated or perfectly related to their desires - oh no, I'm talking about the ones that were CLEARLY MADE FOR SEX THREADS AND ONLY SEX THREADS. It's an eyesore, but then again, roleplay is escapism...I guess.
  • Mental illness. I very rarely see it portrayed correctly, and that's not to say I don't like characters with mental issues I just don't like a character who is listed as "Antisocial" but then will easily jump into a crowd for the sake of plot. I'm aware social psychology is a thing and has a part to play, and that people can overcome their anxiety, but that second thing takes time and lots of praise. If your character has none of that, then you're BSing the reader at that point.
  • Sites that don't keep members entertained, and members who don't keep sites active. Both of these tend to play a part when it comes to people leaving a site or dropping a plot. If members are sick of trying to plot, then they don't deserve plots. If admins are wanting to leave the site plot up to members who don't have a lot of creative juices the site is ultimately going to die. Don't depend on others for creativity - it will always let you down.

Anonymous poster hash: 14cb4...1e7

• I read this! 1
  • Agree 1
  • Preach it! 2

Guest BETA BLUE
On 12/4/2017 at 7:52 PM, Olivia said:

Especially if they take your wanted ad and then don't want to plot anything with it.

I recently allowed something close to a sisterly bond with a character between an oc and canon. I wrote the character's shipper asking for details, what she wanted, etc, so that I figure out how to make the certain canon deliver.  It has been ignored and I'm like, I'm not sure of anything,  they haven't spoken to me on any ideas. Then on the flip side, you have someone who is excited, who is plotting out an idea with you and intertwining stories so that the big bridge between the characters gives solidity to both.   Does it get to the point of why should I waste my time with the person that might not want to talk ideas or take my small idea and plot with me to make it bigger or me taking your idea and making it bigger?  Yes, it does. The point of roleplay is creating a story with other writers, if you don't talk, you got something meaningless.  *Sorry for the rant*

On 12/4/2017 at 7:47 PM, Bass said:

I'm tired of being forced to rp with people I have no desire to rp with just because admin want the site to look active or feel inclusive. I get it. You want a "close community." Great. But I'm not going to rp with people that I genuinely do not want to play with just because you put it in a rule. I am here to have fun, and when I see someone who rps by ignoring the other characters and only reading what they want to read, I'm not going to thread with them, and no amount of "BUT YOU GOTTA CUZZA RULES" is going to change my mind.

OMG. This sounds like a nightmare. If an Admin of a board I was on added a rule like that I'd run the hell away as fast as possible. 

Also, I'm tired of being expected (as the head admin) to handle EVERYTHING. Every detail about all the plots, all the NPCs, and do all the heavy lifting for plots. Does nobody have personal character motivations anymore? Or things they want to do that don't need me babysitting them with NPCs every step of the way? I TRUST YOU MY MEMBERS NOT TO INTENTIONALLY BREAK EVERYTHING. ITS OKAY TO FOLLOW YOUR OWN DESIRES I DON'T WANT TO BE CONTROLLING AND MICROMANAGING. 

Edited by CovertSphinx
Adding an afterthought
  • I read this! 6

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

I'm tired of people taking site canons and not doing anything with them.

• I read this! 4
  • Preach it! 3

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm tired of joining a board, getting my threads going, only for the board to die a month or two later. Then I join another board to try and finally play out those same plots.... only for the board to die a month or two later.

• I read this! 3

image.png.f86e26073cdaafb73587b2b54a3de1f2.png

On 12/13/2017 at 6:35 AM, Suzi said:

I'm so tired of people who join without reading any of the rules... T_T 

On 12/13/2017 at 9:07 AM, Gothic said:

I'm tired of people taking site canons and not doing anything with them.

If ever we needed a "Fuck yeah!" reaction, it's now. These two things are currently driving me insane.

• I read this! 3
  • Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Preach it! 1

rpgi-sig.png

+ :: c o m i n g  s o o n  :: +

I'm so sick of active activity checks but thanks to you guys, I have found a solution. 😎

rpgi-sig.png

+ :: c o m i n g  s o o n  :: +

• Admin

@wicked Created a Fuck yeah Reaction. <33

• I read this! 1
  • Fuck Yeah! 4

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.