How do you you feel about suggested playbys?

Gothic

I think they're useful, especially if a few options are given. When I take a wanted ad it's easier for me to start building the character if I have some aspect to work from, so having a face or at least an aesthetic type to work with gives me a good base to start refining the concept.

• I read this! 1

image.png.f86e26073cdaafb73587b2b54a3de1f2.png

I like suggestions of a play by as I like any information the person can provide me with about their wanted, but a mandatory play by could put me off, depending on who they are. I'm kind of addicted to looking into the play by's media (one of my favorite procrastination activities), so I prefer not using unknown artists.

Edited by ArthurGael
  • I read this! 1

mwBMe5.png

Original boards where all characters have mandatory playbys – that puts me off.

So far I have never taken a wanted ad that had a non-negotiable playby. Mostly I didn't like the mandatory or suggested playbys enough to create a character.

But a suggested playby is fine, as long as the requester is truly flexible about it and not just agreeing to my own suggestion because I might not create the character at all otherwise.

I was once interested in taking a wanted ad, and I didn't like the suggested faceclaim, so I asked if playby X would be O.K.. The player first accepted it, but then suddenly changed their mind about it and accused me of being pushy and inconsiderate, not willing to take their wishes into account, and that I had urged my own favoured playby on them, while they liked their own suggested playby a lot better. I certainly didn't want to urge anything on anybody, but after being accused like this I didn't take the wanted ad at all. Since then I tend to ask twice if a player is really happy about a playby.

I myself was usually very flexible about playbys for friends and relatives for my characters, but quite picky about playbys for a lover, as I just can't play a pairing with just about any playby.

Generally speaking it's okay. It saves me the time to look up for a PB, which I don't particularly enjoy. The only exception is when your suggested PB is a hypersexied image of a hyperhyped superstar of the day. That gives me a bad impression about the site's culture or at least about what you are looking for in RP.

UNMASQUED

Vampires are real. Now the world knows about them.

I love having one there that I can use---as long as it's not mandatory. There are some faces, for whatever reason, that I just want to punch. Always. And writing a character with one of those faces would be a struggle. So I like the ability to pick something I prefer, but usually I end up liking the suggested one anyway. Cuts out a lot of hassle!

• I read this! 1

[Image: oZwmoj.png]
the australian potterverse | we're back in black