cbox location

Top-left or top-right, toggleable and imo having elements overlap just looks messy.

Also while I like discord for gaming purposes, I just can't get into it for RP. If it's a jcink site, Dusty's jquery shoutbox is perfect for all my needs in terms of being functional and not making me sign up for yet another cbox account or clutter my discord servers. You can fully customize it with css and will let you have your group colors or custom nickanmes all while linking back to your profile automatically and either pulling your avatar or allowing you to link a custom one.

As far as other forum hosts go, then I'll grudgingly use cbox.ws but if the cbox is something like chatango I avoid it like the plague it is.

Toggle and to either side, but not overlapping anything else.

We have ours coded to become just a button to open it in a new window if the screen gets small enough that it starts to overlap!

IKiE2z.png

I prefer them to be at the top of the board, to my left. I'm a static lover myself and had them always visible. Now, however, I'm team toggle but as long as it doesn't overlap anything on the board. I don't like having it scroll with me either.  Sometimes that little box is a distraction and I like to toggle it off. 

rpgi-sig.png

+ :: c o m i n g  s o o n  :: +

Eventually I went for a fixed, togglable sidebar to the right, that doesn't overlap with anything (other items resize depending on whether it's open or closed). I had it closed by default, at first, as I thought it looked neat, however I changed that since I noticed people didn't always find it...

UNMASQUED

Vampires are real. Now the world knows about them.