Should staff attempt to RP with all members?

Kit the Human

It depends on the staff position. There is one position in staff that concerns itself with roleplaying with new members in a specific area and so that staff member should make a reasonable effort to engage with new member in that area

But if they have other staff duties, I think making demands of their fun/creative time in addition to whatever else I may be asking them to do is too much. At least from my own perspective, if I'm doing, say, coordinated outreach or SEO content creation, and I roleplay to have fun, I don't want to have my roleplay be accountable to admin as well. I just want to be able to roleplay 

ALHgt52.gif

Honestly, they are obligated to make efforts to settle new members in the best they can. That involves starting up a thread with them but there are other ways if you have members. Things function a little differently and it is helpful to have a character that can move around pretty freely. If i or my other staff members are unable to we like to play match makers, so-to-speak. We know all the characters on the forum pretty well and can point a new member in the direction of others or freely include our members in chat to see if they have any open areas.

• Agree 1

signature2small.png.6c6902665e4c91ca15240bd1f4a0bce3.png

Maybe it's not the staff member's responsibility to directly roleplay with each and every new member themselves, but I'd definitely say it's on them to make sure new people are getting plugged in. I always try to help people figure out who their characters could connect with so that there's some way to get their foot in the door. Of course, I usually also make either one character who can conceivably be anywhere, or else have a range to cover most possibilities, so that I can step in if I have to. (And of course, that just makes getting threads for myself easier!)

• Agree 1