What genre were your first rps in? (Member & Staff)

Nixie

My first, my VERY FIRST RP group was on Polish blogs and it was for... well... Sonic the Hedgehog. I've played Knuckles.

Knock, knock, it's Knuckles.

The amount of drama there was something to behold, but we were all like... 12.

Oh boy lol.

Long story short there I was 13 years old with braces and a black Walmart hoodie that made me look like a blend between the Hash Slinging Slasher and a Halloween Decoration. I first got into roleplay on Gaia (is that still a thing?) I had always loved to write but never knew roleplaying existed. 

Until one day I found myself being an idiot and pretending to be 18 in a Final Fantasy roleplay group. I played Vincent Valentine, because of course my little emo kid self did, and just sort of coasted through.

My first real roleplay experience was in a forum rp group I made centered around horror a few years later. I had read The Most Dangerous Game and made a concept where every month a new character was the 'hunter' while the others were the 'hunted'. Permadeath with survival elements. I believe that started my trend of messed up roleplays lol.

Valon

• 4 weeks later...

Gosh, it's been so long. I wanna say the first fandom I RPed in was actually Cowboy Bebop? Before that I didn't know much about RPing and instead wrote books and fanfiction.

spacer.png
V A G A B O N D C O D E
Guidebook • Canons • Site Canons • Discord
AU STAR WARS RPG • 21+ • Jcink Premium • 2+ years

• 2 weeks later...

The first I think I ever did was either a Pokmeon or some type of Fruits Basket when it was popular at the time. Harry Potter too when that was booming.

image.png.3a859e48ffdbcdaed578143d71b70bcc.png

Site | Guidebook Discord
No experience required

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, this is a question that takes me back and really takes a lot of thinking. 🤔 

Trying to remember what genre I first roleplayed in is rather difficult to say the least. I can't say for certain, but it was most likely Vampires, as I started out roleplaying on Vampirefreaks, and Neopets. 

But I wasn't the greatest at roleplaying. I was always a decent writer, but I didn't know roleplaying had rules to it. 

Before I found myspace. I was overpowered, and god-modded like no tomorrow. LoL

I also did a lot of roleplaying as Bleach characters, Naruto characters, and even Sephiroth. 

One of my original characters was even named Sephiroth Uchiha.. lmao

Nowadays something like that just makes me laugh.

Everything has an end, everything but me that is. I shall live for an eternity, watching as the petals fall from the trees. 

My first experience with roleplaying was an online chat room based on Camelot, but set after the time of Arthur like an alternate timeline sort of thing.

No clue what to put here yet

• 1 month later...

My first experience in roleplaying - at least in a writing sense - was Star Trek, on Yahoo Groups. A few months back I decided that after going far afield for many years, it was time to come home. Now I'm doing Star Trek on Nova, along with a few others.

Longtime roleplayer with experience across multiple franchises and genres; though trending toward Sci-Fi.

• 1 month later...

While I've since dabbled in so many different genres and flavors, I always seem to stick to Marvel-- even from the very beginning back during the Avidgamers/Neopets era of rp, it was all marvel, all the time for both staffing and playing.

• 2 months later...

Anthropomorphic wolves. Haha. XD Followed by a lot more regular wolf (typically elemental/magical), some plain ol' fantasy, and uh.. yeah. 😄

OH NO I just remembered! Before AvidGamers I roleplayed on a social media site, at around the time the first LotR movie hit the theaters. I was an orc, working as a bouncer at the green dragon, and I owned a unicorn.

Edited by Neowulf

KOTOLL - 18+ urban fantasy

icon.png.bd65e891ade50e02b038ea5f48741a26.png

Home | Discord

spacer.png

spacer.png

Ahaha I started RPing for the first time on Neopets! The forums there were a wild time, but eventually me and a couple of friends made our own guild and roleplayed there. Then we moved to AOL for chat RP, and at some point I went to Furcadia where I stayed for almost a decade, writing Warrior cats and then wolves and lions and the occasional anthropomorphic genre. Then I moved to forums via lion RPGs, and ever since I've stuck around the animal RPGs, as staff and co-admin and now I'm working on my own site!

bbrbanner_ver2.png

Forum || Discord

• 3 weeks later...

Full stop, the first forum RP I was ever a part of I was in a Sonic the Hedgehog RP thread on an old Pokemon forum in their RPing section. I even wrote a little bit of fanfiction that I posted there, but it's long gone now. The first one I ever was staff on was a Final Fantasy 13 board that let you integrate the characters from other games, I remember it being pretty fun to like 14 year old me.

fa3E7jF.gifaffiliate.jpgLight-and-Life.gif

It was Warrior Cats on deviantART lol

The first RPG that I was a staff in was this original setting a friend created, and to this day we're still active! I've had a few adventures in staffing a site all by myself, and even if those didn't last super long it did give me some perspective and much needed experience.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually recently managed to dig up some of my very earliest roleplays that are still live on the web, and it seems that baby me was into mystery one shots! I!d totally forgotten about them, but honestly I’m thinking of stealing my own old plots from myself because apparently I had some surprisingly good gumshoe material going on back when I was 14.

My first roleplay back in 2000-2001 was X-Men on this Harry Potter fansite that had a forum section for "open RP" completely unrelated to the site's theme. It was an odd mix of every thread being its own genre in its own little world-bubble and characters XD My first "proper" roleplay forum was this supernatural high-school themed one on AvidGamers a few years later.

pOiwobq.png.2c04852c367d567a4d559da57101f1a2.png