Too Violent?

Bishop

I had an interesting guest in the cbox the other day saying that someone from DF (who used to staff for me?) Told them that I would be better for her as she wrote too violently for their board.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

All of my violent threads are tagged and moved to the mature board, but damn it they were pirates and I'm sure as heck not going to stop them, but now I'm getting a reputation?

Anything like this happen to you while running a board?

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

If I'm reading you right, sounds like the person being recommended to you was simply not a good fit with what the other board wanted, and so the person doing the recommending thought of you as stylistically similar. Less of a 'reputation' and more like "Oh hey I know this board xyz that your style might fit better at".

• I read this! 3

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

• Admin

I agree with @CovertSphinx on this. Mostly because I know that some settings I won't fit, not because I can't fit but because the way I write is very particular. That's why finding a site I fit on well is a difficult feat.

• I read this! 2

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• Contributions Mod

I would consider that a poorly worded compliment. Someone was an ill fit for their site, so they recommended that person to you.

Let's assume  it was ill intent, that the staff member is deliberately giving you a member that is a troublemaker. If said person joins and is a troublemaker, you'll deal with it, not a big deal.

I don't even have a specially marked adult area or tag threads on my board, that's a lot more controversial. Instead, it's premium with the in character areas behind the age confirmation. In the rules I make it quite clear that trigger warnings are not enforced either. I realize that makes me rather unpopular in some circles, but that just means my site isn't for them. If a "reputation" means you get the members you want on your site, then frankly it doesn't matter.

• I read this! 3