That is a banana in my pants. Yes, I am happy to see you.

HotPinkUnicornMess

Hi ho, I figured it was about time I got around to this. My name's Mel, known around the internets by Pinkatron2000, chose my forum's title obviously for my name here as it's all about the RP. I am that annoyingly chipper admin that thinks they are funny. I try not to be too annoying, but well, can't please everything. I will be turning 41 this year and that makes me feel like I can legitimately call myself Grandma from time to time, even though my maturity level is about at that of a twelve year old with a whoopee cushion. 

I was born in a tiny backwards town in Nova Scotia, CA, and now I live in Florida. My husband jokes that I was his Canadian Mail Order Bride. I have 5 cats, all rescued, 4 parrots, also all rescued, one husband and my mother-in-law and her dog living with me. My favorite color is anything pink. I am addicted to glitter and unicorns are my jam. I still laugh at meme's that are older than AOL. 

Speaking of, I got my start in role playing via AOL and the Arts & Entertainment section of their chat rooms. I spent too many years I can admit chat role playing in rooms such as The Red Dragon Inn, The Medieval Tavern, The Forest and The Silver Moon Inn. When AOL gave the middle finger to role players and chat users in general, I moved to the independently owned Dragon's Mark: Red Dragon Inn which was/is a phpBB forum that ran Flash Chat for years. For a few years there I volunteered as a Host, which meant my character got the nifty little 'RDI' in front of their name and I got the chance to RP that character as a bar tender slinging drinks and responsible for keeping RP going in a live chat with anywhere from 2 to 50 people at once. 

I've also role played in almost every single MMO I've ever played, starting with Horizons (Called Ishtaria now), Earth & Beyond, Star Wars: Galaxies, Ryzom, Ever Quest II and currently, Elder Scrolls Online. I have been an RP guild leader, officer and RP officer. I was published once and it's almost been a decade and I still go WTF??? about it like, how?? 

I am currently a self taught 3d artist using DAZStudio and have no idea what I am doing. I have some 3d renders I would like to offer as stock character photos but can't figure out how to get that going here. I have a deviant art account as Pinkatron2000 if you want to ogle it with your eyes. 

I still RP. I've RPed on tumblr, via email, AIM, Trillian and discord. I run a website set in ye olde Rhydin because I love the absolute freedom of it. I will never consider myself a better role player than anyone else, because every day fellow players show me new ways to write, create and express. 

I wrote WAY too much. Also, I abuse commas and all caps and I'm sorry. 

...So...uh...Hello! 

spacer.png

• Love 3

Greetings from across the seven seas, from the site's resident vampire - or so Morrigan says...

If you are a Grandma, me, 10 years older, I have to be ancient! I am from Bucharest, Romania, and in love with everything historical.

• Love 1

7 hours ago, Elena said:

Greetings from across the seven seas, from the site's resident vampire - or so Morrigan says...

If you are a Grandma, me, 10 years older, I have to be ancient! I am from Bucharest, Romania, and in love with everything historical.

*Gasp* You can be my grandma?! Thanks so much, and hello! I am so glad to see you. I think I remember advertising GR on Before the Mast when I took over years ago, and here it is, still going strong and Carribbean Dawn. Hot damn. Go you!

• I read this! 1
  • Love 1

Hello! Welcome to The Initiative! ❤️ Your title made me laugh and your post made me smile, and I hope you get plenty more of those about the place! I believe if you wanted to offer up your images for use, you could add them here: https://rpginitiative.com/gallery/category/89-premade-graphics/

I would probably use the icons category, but maybe some of your work would be suited to the others as well!

• Great Idea 1

@Elena and @GreaterRealms When it comes to age, I have you both beat by a considerable margin. Just turned 61. ;)

GreaterRealms,

Welcome to the Initiative. We're glad you found us and decided to join. Check out our coteries and the forums. There's almost always something happening.

I also have cats and parrots (most are rescued). Three cats that rule the house along with 7 parrots and 1 dove. We lost one of our beloved blue and gold macaws recently so still mourning his loss. However, the rest of our birds are doing great and always leave us laughing with their antics. One likes to call the cats and then scream when they come to the bird room. Silly critters!

Hopefully, I'll see you on the forums and/or our Discord!

• Love 1

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

16 hours ago, GreaterRealms said:

*Gasp* You can be my grandma?! Thanks so much, and hello! I am so glad to see you. I think I remember advertising GR on Before the Mast when I took over years ago, and here it is, still going strong and Carribbean Dawn. Hot damn. Go you!

If you are 41 and me 51, I can be only your older sister. And @StormWolfecan be your  mother (or father? I was never sure...) Before the Mast had two story volumes, and the third one, the ongoing one, is called Caribbean Dawn, because it is a bit less seafaring-centered and more colonial-centered, after having sunk five ships at the end of Before the Mast's story (second volume).

• Love 1

• Admin

Welcome to the Initiative @GreaterRealms we're glad to have you! I love the icons you submitted to the gallery.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.