Preptober #5

Arceus

Periodically during the month of October, I'll be posting discussion topics that challenge you to think about your story and where you're going with it. You also get a small amount of points for your NaNo House for participating, so you can get your house an early lead during Preptober!

Today's topic is: tell us a bit about the challenges you think you'll have to face for this story.

(I may end up dropping out of this NaNo. So apparently my most notable challenge is dredging up enough of a story to even write in the first place.)

nusignature.png nusignature.png

I am the darkness, always watching, always listening, ALWAYS THERE.
(If you're interested in Plain of Ice, message me, it's private. Bleach site, non-canon.)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually getting up any form of an outline. My successes in NANO were due to having outlines. When I don't have one (even just a brief bullet point one), I end up crapping out. AND I STILL HAVE NO OUTLINE. *RUNS*

Reality is an illusion. 

Uh. At the moment keeping my muse settled in one place. It wants to write All The Things so its uh. currently a bit concerning about if I'm going to be able to keep focused on one particular project long enough to complete it/complete enough words in it for a NaNo win. That on top of life having thrown me a couple of particularly nasty curve balls here in october and lets just say I really want to create but I have no idea what's going to happen. ... or if anything I'm creating is coming out even remotely acceptably.

affiliatebutton.png

Some must be warriors that others may live in peace.

• 2 weeks later...

So I decided to track my word count during October as I (hopefully?) finish up book 1 in the series (started 2 nanos ago) and, well... yeah, that's only a 10k goal (there had better not be another 50k left in this damn book!) and an overall average of 300ish words a day. (the flat part at the end is my laptop in the shop, not me giving up in disgust or anything.)

Consistency is a thing I used to have. Apparently not so much at the moment.

743509672_ScreenShot2019-10-22at12_55_10PM.png.2df1fd4449fda4779148da55b5b2b62a.png