Writing Prompts 2019

Yume

These prompts are in no way required but they can be used to spur on interest and writing for your novel. You can technically write them as separate pieces intended for character/world building, or something else entirely, it's up to you. Some might work well as a morning warm up, some may fit right into the flow of text! These do have suggested dates attached to space out the challenges! but if one speaks to you more than others feel free to do them however you prefer!

-- Nov 1st - 6th:   “That’s the least of your worries.” For every story, there is a beginning. Establish your character's life, and then flip it upside down!

-- Nov 7th-13th: “You…you tricked me.” Incorporate a scene where one of your characters is actively tricked or misled by another.

--Nov 14th-20th: “You weren’t there!” / “I needed you, but you pushed me away.” Try to incorporate  a scene in which one character feels abandoned by another. This can be a close friend or family member, a lover, or even a catalyst for why your protagonist and antagonist dont get along!

--Nov 21th-26th: “You’ve brought this war upon yourself.” Sometimes actions are unforgivable. War may be the wrong term for you! But! Dig deep into your main conflict. Can it be  resolved peacefully? Will there be blood? If you haven't already had your main climax work at it!

--November 27th-30th: “Do you trust me?” By now your story is probably winding down, but maybe there are a few last minute loose ends to attend to. Tie up any lose ends for a neat closing - if you can incorporate a scene about trust in the wake of the enemy being brought down (or escaping, if that's how the story goes!)

affiliatebutton.png

Some must be warriors that others may live in peace.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic