American Mafia

Wren

I posted about a possible Mafia Roleplay... years ago. And then something happened and I failed to follow up with those who had responded to it. But, I’m here again because the idea has been nagging me since it first popped into my head. 

Frankly, I’m obsessed with all things Mafia (American/Italian) and I love writing within that “world” and with some fairly dark themes. So much so, that I want to share it with everyone. 

So, I’m asking again, anyone interested? I already have a board in the works. 

I'm interested, in theory. Of course I'd have to see the actual board when it's ready in order to be able to say I'll actually join, but I love all things Mafia and have a handful of character concepts I could happily adapt into a site. So I'll 100% keep both eyes on this!

Shady McShaderson

27 minutes ago, Shades said:

I'm interested, in theory. Of course I'd have to see the actual board when it's ready in order to be able to say I'll actually join, but I love all things Mafia and have a handful of character concepts I could happily adapt into a site. So I'll 100% keep both eyes on this!

If I get help with admining, it’ll be a go and the board will get the life it deserves. I’ll keep you in mind when I have something to show off. Thank you!

• Love 1

Also potentially interested!

Find me at:

Sunrises and Sunsets - Never-Ending Stories

Hmm. What have you thought about so far with setting and rating?

@Blondie Awesome! I’ll keep this thread updated with progress!

@Grimscythe Setting would probably be present day - to take advantage of all the technology we have. Rating would be 333, considering the theme and possible plot points people will most likely want in a Mafia storyline. I’m thinking of using the a few major US cities as the actual locations available for okay and more than one crime family to write in. 

Nice!

Any idea on:

- Expected activity?

- Duplicate names rule?

- TW requirement?

Shady McShaderson

@Shades I’m not a strict admin, but if members hold control over characters who are “high ranking”, they’ll be expected to contribute in certain ways and remain active. I’m sure it’ll need an Inactivity Rule, but I’ll have to mull over exactly what it should be and it may not get set until once there is a decent member base. 

I’ll most likely be using phpbb as the forum software and there is a plugin that allows for account switching. What i like to do is have members register a personal account - they’re username, and then off of that account have character accounts that are only for RP

Not sure what TW stands for. Forgive my moment of ignorance. 

@Wren

Re: Activity - alright, I'll hold on for that. I love the concept, but I'd never want to get a character and not e active;

Duplicate names, meant first names for characters.

TW = trigger warnings.

Shady McShaderson

@Shades 

Oh! Duplicate names are fine as long as there isn’t like twenty Dante’s or something. I might be a stickler for it if it’s gets weird. 

Trigger Warning. Duh. I just woke up, that should have made sense. Honestly, considering the board’s entire theme, the whole site might have a trigger warning. Would I want it to be a rule to alert others? Maybe. It isn’t something that bothers me, but I know it’s important to other people sometimes. 

@Wren

Thanks! I'll be keeping an eye on it. I did consider that the whole site might warrant a blanket warning. I personally don't have them (or I should say don't require them) on my sites, but as long as the rule is clear and not overly restrictive, count me in!

Shady McShaderson

@Shades It definitely won’t be restrictive. I’m a very laid back admin. If people are nice to one another, I generally let my members have what they want within reason. Lol. 

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Mafia concept in the works right now actually, and if people are interested (Wren see your PM), then I'd like to get it off the ground soon. Let me know guys...

http://modernmafia.boards.net is the current board (more content to come soon of course)

• 5 months later...