Does your character have pets?

Dragon

My Viking clan for Helvig and his family take stray wolf pups in they find while hunting and raise them and breed them. They are trained to protect the family farm  and also sometimes went with Helvig and his sons/dottirs to fight offering an extra means of protection in raids or local issues.

• 3 weeks later...

My character on a regency era forum, is a nervous girl! She most likely has anxiety disorder of some kind but her brother is getting her a cat! And as someone who's been locked up all her life (basically she's a rapunzel and was sick from being slowly poisoned for many years) and only now just getting out to experience life, her love interest may get her a horse since she has admitted she's never gone horse back-riding and would like to do it once day once she is fully recovered.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One of my characters, Étienne, was first created on a demon-possession RPG where all humans were paired with a demon. I decided to make his demon a demon dog called Glasgow, and they were so much fun to write together in threads that any reincarnation of him on other sites usually paired him up with Glasgow again, although usually as a regular dog. I'm half surprised I've never written a character with a parrot as a pet, to be honest, considering I have two myself and I'm absolutely a crazy parrot lady haha.

• 3 months later...

I have a character named Cosmo who has a pet rock 😂

Then I have another character who is living out my fantasy of owning a corgi, great dane, and a 😍 

• 1 month later...

One of my characters has a flaxen draft mule named Clyde.

All 3 of my current characters do! Pets make great NPCs, I find, and they're fun for revealing new sides about a character. One has a pet bird, the other a very  unusual "dog", and the other a tiny dragon. It's a lot of fun to play with in threads!

OrielBannerBigger.png.a2ce06c92c5f48951844c258d418d92a.png

A Gilded Age 18+ Original Fantasy RPG

Site | Lore | RulesGetting Started | Discord

I personally am an Animal rper lol. 

So no. No pets for my guys!

❤️

• 2 months later...

Yes! Depends on which character we are talking about. Some have dogs, and a couple of mine have horses. I think even one has a raccoon that likes to visit.

I dont have one.

Since I do historical rps (antiquity & two various points in the 1800s) most of my characters own at least a horse lol

Beyond that though, out of my eleven characters, only two of them have pets. The first one is my roman girl who has a cat. The other is my recreation of Prince Derek from the Swan Princess who has a hunting dog. 

• 5 weeks later...

I never really had pets growing up so my characters tend to not have them either. The few exceptions are one with 2 shelter cats because I know the most about raising cats and another who in game received a gerbil. 

One of my favorite characters of mine named Pandora, she kept a mix of exotic and venomous snakes and then...a gerbil lol She loved the mix of dangerous animals but also a cute fluffy critter! All of them of course had their dream enclosures because  #rp world ❤️ 

passingstrangebanner.png

My main character doesn't own any pets unfortunately! Her current life knowledge is that most standard pet animals would be scared of her by default (supernatural setting) so she hasn't bothered getting any -- despite them not being scared of her instinctually anymore! Maybe one day.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I love giving my characters kind of wild pets. One has a raccoon although she's a magical girl so it almost doesn't count.  Another has a wolf, also a magical girl.  I've had lots with dogs and cat.  Whenever I play Jean Grey from X-Men I give her the world's dumbest beagle, inspired by a fanfic i read forever ago. It's funny how some things stick.

• 4 months later...

Mm, I think I only have three currently that have pets. 

There's Fleur with an old ginger cat called Chester that was one of the many strays she feeds in the alley at the back of her home so the poor babes are looked after. 

And Kate, a reputable surgeon with not much of a social life and seemingly doomed to be successful and lonely forever. She has a Maine Coon called Rosco that quite literally wandered into her life one day. He thinks he's a guard dog and hates people. Kinda kicking around the idea that Rosco isn't actually a cat so much as a vampire masquerading as a cat. Who was sent to get intel on her. Who found that he was quite fond of this human so stayed to give her company while also binging tv on her couch while she's at work.

... now think about all that your feline friend sees. You at your literal worst, and also your best. Through sickness. Sobbing into a tub of ice cream. Talking to yourself. The company you might even bring home after a glass of wine too many. 

You'd be horrified if your cat become a guy suddenly after an intruder broke in and he swept in to save the day. 

Awks. 

And I have a mafia boss that was gifted an Egyptian Cobra by his daughter, Aisling, who I also play. Cobra is actually a vampire. She's figured out how to trap them in their animal forms and what a wonderful present they make. Good money, too. 

"widows, ghosts, lovers sit and sing in the dark, arched marrow of me."
1396128257_Bloodlinespaidad.png.d09a675bc97e605f48b34846ff6d666c.png