A roleplayers peeve moments

Amelia

On 01/01/2017 at 2:20 AM, kay said:

I feel this so hard. Sometimes it's explained away as "that's just how they are" or "don't take it too personally". If there is someone there aggravating others, or feeling proud about being the 'super bitch' or that douchebag that makes others uncomfortable, then ... the fact that the admin keep them around means either a.) that admin enjoys / vouches for that behavior or b.) that admin has no backbone and isn't going to ensure a good community to be in.

Timing is not always their forte and when they see activity in the Cbox they decide it's a good time to offload Xyz to whoever has just arrived. It's a tough place to be in sometimes when you feel you need to regularly 'manage' these players or constantly redirect their topic focus. (the ones that seem to need more attention). But at the end of the day, you just need to give them just enough and then change the cbox topic so get their mind on something else. Always being as considerate and polite as possible :)

As for the ones that are plain nasty and/or proud of it... well, I have no tolerance for those ones. My mouse would be hovering over that ban/ suspend X button! 

Edited by Dusty
  • I read this! 3

5a691fb4de413_advertisingbanner_rpginitiativeTS.png.699678f5663abf3c750d133673768a18.png

Plot | Rules | Canons | Wanted | Advertising

I have so few peeves anymore, truly, it's been amazing. BUT the one that gets me every single time is: People who just take this stuff way too serious. Like....get a life?

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

When someone gives you(or a friend) completely illogical plot ideas that wouldn't work at all. Like...no. Please read the character information before jumping to conclusions. Or, you know, ask without making assumptions. Oy. 

• I read this! 1

I hate post splicing, in particular I do not like it when someone replies with a long string of different actions (notably aggressive or otherwise unfriendly ones) which assume my character would simply stand there while there's walks around and insults them and makes rude gestures and other such things. Give my characters a chance to react.

But also... gifs for avatars.

• Agree 2

Guest Archaic Cyborg

people who try to force-ship. No, my character is not a misunderstood teddy bear. Don't get upset when shit hits the fan.

Players who have obviously not read a single fucking thing, except perhaps the pb you are using; not related to the above, actually.

19 hours ago, Blackjack Bart said:

people who try to force-ship. No, my character is not a misunderstood teddy bear. Don't get upset when shit hits the fan.

Players who have obviously not read a single fucking thing, except perhaps the pb you are using; not related to the above, actually.

Ugh! The instant romance thing is a no-no for me unless I have been writing with someone for an age and we totally get each other and have planned it out. How do I know this newbie won't flake the moment my character doesn't just instantly melt over their precious little snowflake. And what makes them think a character that has been a total dick all his life will miraculously change for their particular run of the mill female character?

And YES... the PB dazzled player!  Just No.

Edited by Dusty
  • I read this! 4
  • Agree 1

5a691fb4de413_advertisingbanner_rpginitiativeTS.png.699678f5663abf3c750d133673768a18.png

People who flake out without warning after they don't get their wanted ads filled immediately/don't get a million plots dropped into their lap as they sit there and do nothing to reach out to other players. I don't have time for this crap anymore, just go away already. 

• I read this! 6
  • Agree 3

When you have researched thoroughly, as you should in writing about a time and an ethnicity which aren't yours, but your writing partner hasn't, and she is writing her character wrongly because she never considers the impact of religion and social customs then..

Edited by Elena
  • I read this! 4

• Admin

When people alter or change your button using CSS. I put a lot of fucking work into my button. Leave it the way I made it or don't affiliate with me.

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

On 24/01/2017 at 0:01 PM, winterphoenix27 said:

People who flake out without warning after they don't get their wanted ads filled immediately/don't get a million plots dropped into their lap as they sit there and do nothing to reach out to other players. I don't have time for this crap anymore, just go away already. 

Add on to that, they then accuse you of being cliquey (when if they actually checked), would clearly see threads with just about every member. Plus all the ones that were offered to and started with newbies that were abandoned by those new players because your character didn't immediately fall all over theirs.  

Edited by Dusty
Typos x_X
  • I read this! 3
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Dusty said:

Add on to that, they then accuse you of being cliquey (when if they actually checked), would clearly see threads with just about every member. Plus all the ones that were offered to and started with newbies that were abandoned by those new players because your character didn't immediately fall all over theirs.  

GOTTA LOVE IT. Only not. 

On 01/26/2017 at 8:30 AM, Morrigan said:

When people alter or change your button using CSS. I put a lot of fucking work into my button. Leave it the way I made it or don't affiliate with me.

Nope. I'm gonna add a puce colored shadow to your button, make the button transparent (42%), and put a plaid background under it, and I'm going to be so peeved if you don't fawn over my l337 design skillz.

• I read this! 2

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

On 01/02/2017 at 9:15 AM, xexes said:

The entire plot is : "Let's have our two characters meet!"

Are you talking about the random first meet thread?  (often literally bumping into each other)

Example: Q. Where? A. Oh, anywhere you want. Q. What would they be doing? A. Just some random thing.  Q. When in game time were you thinking of this happening? A. In the morning I guess. Q. I meant the date. A. we have to pick a date? Um can you do that and start the thread, I have something to do right now, but I'll be back on later to look for your post, bye. 

• Agree 4