A roleplayers peeve moments

Amelia

I guess it's never bothered me because I've always assumed everybody has their favorites. As long as they get to me eventually, I'm cool with people posting multiple times a day to somebody else first. Usually, I try to get to everybody daily or at least every couple of days. But when I've been busy, sick, and stressed and I finally get a chance to post and I get crap for it because I didn't choose theirs? It just makes me not want to post to ANYBODY. 

In that vein, another peeve is that people assume a post that's only 1-2 paragraphs long means I'm disinterested. Honestly, it's just more fun to post short, snappy posts when we're in a groove and the characters are interacting. Not many RPers I've met seem to feel the same, though. 

• I read this! 4

Reality is an illusion. 

When someone says they want to plot with you but expects you to do all of the actual work for it. Like lolwat.

When someone begs you to do something with them and you do but they don't think you're enthusiastic enough or posting enough for them.

When you want to RP but can't get focussed enough to commit to it like normal.

When you have to suffer the worst ISP possible because you live rurally and your internet won't stay connected to save its ass.

When you post something from mobile and the capitalization is just slightly wrong and autocorrect has done some awkward things and you don't catch it til after you've postted...

• I read this! 3

ghost_microkit_by_hyraea-d4c4grg.gif2nm3jao.jpg8120380.png?mtime=Vv_oIAAAYRw
:ghost:  2hmo3vd.png :ghost:
credits: [kitten][humerus][dragon]

@Ghost I so get that with posting from your phone. Also when autocorrect changes words and suddenly the entire meaning changes. 

That moment when you are too tired and miss read something, as a result of that your post is off and the rp takes a very strange turn. 

• I read this! 3

I hate feeling so uninspired and off that I struggle to write or even admin. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, I just can't get /anything/ done. ><

• I read this! 5

pet peeve: getting super super sick and having it effect your RPing. 

more blatant pet peeve: getting super super sick in the first place. 

• I read this! 1
  • Preach it! 1

ghost_microkit_by_hyraea-d4c4grg.gif2nm3jao.jpg8120380.png?mtime=Vv_oIAAAYRw
:ghost:  2hmo3vd.png :ghost:
credits: [kitten][humerus][dragon]

New peeve. Seeing bad behavior not dealt with or even awarded. Not on one of the sites I am on, but one I was lurking to see about joining. Guess where I won't be joining now?

• I read this! 1

• 3 months later...

Being the only one moving the plot along. Roleplay is a collaborative effort, if I wanted to write the story myself then I would.

• I read this! 7

^this

And also the opposite, when it seems like my partner doesn't even need me to be there, as they're just doing their own thing while I'm trying to get them involved.

• I read this! 4

Shadow Lady

2hgzkwh.jpg

Editing this. I'm peeved about being made to feel guilty for shipping a set of characters and taking them AU from the end of a season, but I'm also happy that the player is taking a character from the show regardless of the AU bit because fun plot times. xD 

I'm more peeved at myself for feeling insecure and nervous about my new site when there's nothing wrong and everyone's awesome so far. Guess it's hard to relax when there were bad things that happened due to backstabbers at the last place. :/

Edited by Thorin Oakenshield
  • I read this! 2

Though I've a few peeves, the one that's most hurting right about now is when you've posted up a thread to say that you're going through things in real life and it's pulling your focus. Those in charge of the site post that they're understanding...

...Only to make it a big deal that they have no posts they owe and that things you pointed out are offputting to guests when they go through are now forced onto you out of the blue, despite them justifying it previously as fine.

Yeah...kinda really hurt and annoyed right now. Annoyed at myself for trying to help when my instincts told me my words wouldn't be taken even with them saying they value input and want my presence on the site. Annoyed they just forced that change publicly and essentially called things out publicly in the chat. Hurt that, despite what I'm going through right now, their lack of posts was their top priority.

Well, I've given them every post I owed them. If that doesn't satisfy them, I don't know what will.

• I read this! 3

Being blown off. I totally understand sometimes life gets busy or you lose muse for a thread or whatever the issue may be, but please tell me. It takes a lot to make me angry, and I would rather be told 'hey, so sorry but this thread just isn't working can we move on to the next one', instead of letting a thread die. 

Also being made to feel guilty about rping with my friends. I really dislike being treated like I need to choose who I can rp with. I wanna rp with EVERYONE. I have the time, and the muse. Let me have fun. Plus if someone isn't posting to me after planning out a huge plot that we were working on for months... to all of a sudden drop it... well let me be a bit sad...  end vent. 

• I read this! 5

g92A8oA.png

Feeling forced into some theme I said I would not touch in a roleplay. There aren't many themes I won't touch, but those I won't - Nazism, incest and certain kinds of hot scenes -, I make clear before we even start.

The first two I won't touch ever. As for sexually charged scenes, it has to happen organically, and I need to feel comfortable with the person before I even consider writing those. But I have had people try to physically force or manipulate my characters/me into it (such as a partner who would always include some random woman interested in his character every time mine wouldn't want to perform the action he was trying to push. And that's simply rotten. I'm not a prude, but I'm not the kind of person who just slips into the feeling. I have to actually feel it.

Also, people who want a string of smut actions without a real plot under them. It gets boring pretty fast.

• I read this! 3
  • Love 1

Shadow Lady

2hgzkwh.jpg

Feeling like my characters, their powers and limits, and my wants for their plotlines are being ignored in favor of someone one-upping my characters so theirs come out on top every time. :/

I'm also getting the uncomfortable feeling that someone wants to take over the IC government, which isn't a plotline I'd ever agree to for a variety of reasons. A- there are enough people in roles that they'd not be able to successfully overthrow the king [doesn't mean they can't try - I'd love a plot like that, they'd just need to be aware it would be a failed attempt] and B- I have characters in place from myself and my co-owner because I've had people flake too often on past sites and it's easier to keep things running smoothly and how I want if we hold those roles. 

Edited by Thorin Oakenshield
  • I read this! 4

A giant, huge, and neverending peeve of mine: the nagger. I'm an extremely reliable and even fast poster, but I  make clear to all of my partners that I work full time, and live alone, so my life is pretty busy between work and single-handedly taking care of housekeeping, meals, fixing whatever has to be fixed, etc. Yet, I tend to take between 24-48 hours to post. But should I take longer, I hate being nagged. By all means, ask me if I have forgotten to post (trust me, I haven't. I have a handwritten list of every post I owe people), but don't send me messages with "please post", "I can't wait, please post now", it's annoying. I get excited about posts too, but I sit and wait, or send a polite note just making sure the person hasn't forgotten about me, in case they have been around, or a note asking if they're okay if they have been MIA.

And even worse than that - the person who keeps your waiting for whatever amount of time and then the second they post, they seem to forget you have waited patiently and start nagging to get a reply right away.

• I read this! 8

Shadow Lady

2hgzkwh.jpg

Admins who shut down a site, locking everyone out, without warning.

Admins who end a site and don't bother telling anyone.

Admins who abruptly close a site to open another one (sometimes with the exact same genre), then have the nerve to ask you to join their new site. 

• I read this! 4
  • Agree 1
  • Preach it! 1

dcsEFuW.jpg

The SGC is part of the group, Federation Sim Fleet.