Things you think everyone should watch!

Varos

If you go for Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Bladeworks skip the prologue OAV/Movie since it's just episode 1 and 2 with some slight changes (told from Rin's perspective) but not enough to really change things.

Another, if you're looking for over the top action... Sengoku Basara. (Based around Japan's Warring States saga in the Eido period... except with crazy battles like where a man on a horse with motorcycle pipes on it and 6 swords fights against a pirate on a flying flaming anchor.)

Kiddy Grade is also worth looking into if you like sci-fi or space themed stuff. Despite the name it is decidedly not for kids or even about kids. As a warning though the first few episodes kinda drag a bit, but it does get better.

• I read this! 1
"There are three sides to every story... Your side, their side, and then somewhere in the middle is the truth."

• Admin

If you like repetitive Sailor Moon type Shows I recommend Glitter force and Fairy Tale.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

if you are into shows about families, ranches  and horses then heartland is an awesome one.. it can be hard to watch if you live in the states though or anywhere other than canada because netflix in other countries only. have a certain amount of seasons and in the states there is no network that currently airs it so i think the last season that showed on a us channel was season 7 and season 9 just ended last sunday. but it's a really good show.

Profile graphics by @Lirschen

• 2 months later...

Pretty Little Liars! I love this show and I even got my roommate into the show. It is my current obsession!

• I read this! 1

xPk39a.jpg

poke_bro2.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/17/2016 at 6:28 AM, Jason said:

Jessica Jones definitely, I cant get enough of it. So much so I started to read the comic and I can't stop cracking up when I read it.

I would also say the new Battlestar Galactica (which is not very new now, 2004-2009). It had a great plot and had an interesting adult element to it without losing the story as well. I have watched select episodes over and over and over. Even if you do not really like scifi, the characters really pulled me in.

The first two seasons of BSG were okay, but it lost me on the second two. However, Caprica was awesome, and I was heartbroken it was cancelled with only one season. >.<

Jessica Jones was amazing, I loved it .

Something I can't believe hasn't been mentioned in this thread was Farscape. I just absolutely adored the characters, their growth, and those cliff hangers. Dude. Those cliff hangers.

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

I think my one Everyone should watch is Full Metal Alchemist: the original season up to when Greed shows up, then all of Brotherhood.

From there some other great ones are:

• Over the Garden Wall - lovely, short, beautiful animation, wonderfully aesthetic
  • Clone Wars - After spending years thinking this show was the death of all Star Wars anything, I finally watched it and was blown away. Try to make it to the third season before dismissing it, and from there it is some of the best television. Feel free to skip any episode with Jar Jar, they are not that plot relevant.

Other ones I love:

• Great British Baking Show: I know I know, sounds silly but this show is just full of so many good looking things, a wonderfully supportive group, good baking tips, but also, wonderfully enough, a really interesting and well-defined cast of characters despite being a reality show. 
  • House MD: Sherlock Holmes, in his classic, sassy, drug addicted book self does medicine. Great acting and mystery. Warning for medical stuff though.
  • Supernatural: The first three seasons were spot on for me, just fun campy ghost stories with good music and a sense of humor. From there, less my thing, though still entertaining, but before that, awesome.
  • Avatar/Legend of Korra: Again, quality meaningful animation with captivating story
  • Black Books: Hilarious misanthropy in a bookshop
  • The IT Crowd: Hilarious misanthropy with a bunch of computer nerds and not computer nerds.

dinocountry_banner.png

The West just got wilder...

Black Books and The IT Crowd are amazeballs. Totally second those recommendations.

• I read this! 1

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

• Admin

Crazy Ex-girlfriend:

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.