Reactions

Morrigan

• Admin

So! Buzzfeed has had it for a while. Facebook has it now and now IPS (the software that we are running on here) is possibly adding it.

How do you feel about reactions?

Personally I'm indifferent. I'm not sure I like them but I hate change a lot of times. So what do you feel about it?

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I mildly like them.

• I read this! 1

I'd rather it than the "like" system. I mean likes are very generic and offer no real insight. I mean it's like great someone liked a post... but what does that mean. Why do they like it? Is it because it provided a nice explantion? They agreed with what was said? Was it funny to them? And those are the questions I think are more important or useful than "did you like it?"

That stated, similar to the current like system, I'm not going to use it myself. I find that at times even a more expanded reaction system is still too limited and simplified. (A lot of times these systems only allow for certain reactions. For example "cool" and "funny" but nothing on the more negative side like "sad" or "disagree".) And so instead of using a reaction it's just better to post and say what is thought/felt instead. (It's much clearer that way.)

• I read this! 2
"There are three sides to every story... Your side, their side, and then somewhere in the middle is the truth."