Ohai!

Wolfie

I'm Emily. I'm in my mid twenties and I've only been roleplaying for about three years. I primarily focus on Star Trek games, with some Stargate or Firefly stuff on the side, although not recently. I usually roleplay using the Nova system created by Anodyne Productions, and if you roleplay in the Trek universe, odds are you've heard of Nova. I also frequent and am staffed on an IRC network with some of the Trek orgs out there. I love to write, design websites, and work on graphic stuff (although my experience goes as far as photo manipulations). 

So, hi! :)

• I read this! 1

Commanding Officer, USS Tempest 

A Play-by-Nova Century-class starship set in the Delta Quadrant

Tempest-full.png

C'mon poke me...see what happens... >:(

BTW, thank @Death Kitten for dragging me an my insanity to these forums. Anything I say/do is her fault. ;P hehehe

• I read this! 1

Tempest-full.png

/me pulls on her hazmat suit, does a quick run through the welcome forums and gives @Wolfie a friendly poke with the Klingon painstick. :sickmask::P

• I read this! 1

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

• Admin

Star Trek is a great Genre. Who's your favorite canon and favorite Captain? Mine is Jadzia Dax and Sisko (wonders if anyone notes these are both from DS9...).

Welcome to the Initiative! We are certainly glad to have you.

• I read this! 2

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Hmm, wow that's a hard question. My favorite captain would have to be Janeway and my favorite series would have to be Voyager (don't hate me T_T).

I didn't really like TOS/ENT/JJ that much. JJ had good movies but he completely ruined a lot of Trek for me. :(

Tempest-full.png

• Admin

TNG would be my second favorite. My BF loves Voyager too but I don't get it.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Sisko fangirls unite! There really needs to be more love for Sisko, @Morrigan. I swear, I am tired of people asking Kirk or Picard, like there's no other option. >.< And seriously, people just up and forget about Spock and Sulu, they were Captains too!

DS9 is my favorite series, but once you get past the first couple seasons of TNG, I can see where some of the love for it came from. TOS was fantastic is so many ways, but sometimes it was absolutely horrific too. There was only so much progress towards a utopian future that could be shown, filtered through the sexism and racism of the time. >.< I gotta admit that while I ate Voyager up when it was first airing, once the final episode showed... I just never went back. And I noped out of Enterprise so hard when they introduced the Borg, just like, really?

I have enjoyed JJ Trek, though I can see some of the objections people have raised over it. I would have noped out so hard if they'd not done such a good job casting Bones. Bones is my favorite from all of Trek.

• I read this! 2

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

• Admin

True dat @Death Kitten! Sisko & Karl Urban love FTW. Him and Scotty were my favorites from the new one. I totally loved the nerdiness of Scotty. It made me so happy. "Well if it isn't Captain James Tiberius Perfect Hair?"

I grew up on TNG and the Borg and whatnot. My BF actually re-watches Star Trek a lot and so I see a few episodes every once in a while if I wake up from sleeping.

• I read this! 2

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

TNG and DS9 were awesome. But they both needed a lot of time to really find themselves. I feel like Voyager kind of jumped in after the first few episodes, even though I didn't really like their Kazon plot, it was still a nice thing to see. DS9, in my eyes, didn't really get good until the Dominion came in, although I ship Dax and Bashir/Quark and Odo. TNG didn't really get good until they got rid of Tasha and Dr. Pulaski, who both really annoyed me. I didn't really like Wes either, but meh. 

DS9 would have to be my second favorite, although the characters are much better than Voyager's tbh. Voyager had an awesome storyline and one of my favorite ships. They're why I love the Delta Quadrant right now (which is also where my RPG is lol). 

• I read this! 1

Tempest-full.png

Voyager had so much potential, and there really were some diamonds among the episodes... but then there were some real stinkers in there too. Also, poor Harry Kim. And holy marinara, the heavy handed stereotypes on Chakotay. o.O I usually call him Chuckles though, because <3 Q. I made a total fangirl fool of myself in front of John deLancie at a con, true story, and I blame him for getting me to watch My Little Pony — Discord FTW. I adored the cheese of the Captain Proton stuff, and I will admit I had a crush on Tom Paris. I've been considering giving it a proper binge once I finish my Xena binge (currently on season 5 of 6).

I loved Tasha Yar, and saw some good potential in Pulaski, but they suffered from the same thing that the other women in TNG suffered from: the writers didn't know what they were doing. Tasha was killed off, and Crusher transferred, at the end of season one because the writers were just doing that bad of a job of it, and both actresses just said enough. The only reason Troi stuck around was they couldn't lose all the women in the main cast, so they begged Marina Sirtis to stay. Troi and Crusher went on to become fan favorites because the writers had a chance to learn and improve when given the chance to continue to write them, and I suspect that Pulaski and Yar would have likewise improved if they'd been able to weather the storm too... but part of what pushed the change was that mass exodus. All that said, am I the only one who got some really really bad rape culture vibes with some of the ladies' plots? Mostly Troi but Crusher had one too. o.O

Dude, the Odo/Quark bromance was epic, nearly as epic as the Bashir/Garrak bromance. The characters on DS9 are part of the reason I loved it so much. They were all so fun, and even the ones you weren't supposed to like were absolute fantastic.

• I read this! 2

• Admin

There was a uniqueness to DS9 that no other series had for me. They were the only ones that didn't travel through space constantly so the stories always came to them.

As for the vibe I'd have to re-watch them but I don't remember if I'm being honest.

• I read this! 2

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

48 minutes ago, Morrigan said:

True dat @Death Kitten! Sisko & Karl Urban love FTW. Him and Scotty were my favorites from the new one. I totally loved the nerdiness of Scotty. It made me so happy. "Well if it isn't Captain James Tiberius Perfect Hair?"

I grew up on TNG and the Borg and whatnot. My BF actually re-watches Star Trek a lot and so I see a few episodes every once in a while if I wake up from sleeping.

Dude, Simon Pegg is so much awesome. I've adored him since I first saw Spaced, and while I admit that I hadn't really seen it when they first announced the casting, I've been pleased with how he's taken on the role of Scotty.

As for Karl Urban? I would have probably walked out of the first movie if he hadn't carried it from his first Damn it. I adored McCoy in TOS, and De Kelley was just so fantastic in the role. I really wish I'd been able to meet him before he passed, because everything I heard about him told me he was just a sweetheart with the fans. Karl Urban I hadn't seen in anything other than Xena before the first JJ Trek, and even that I'd forgotten he was Cupid and Caesar until I started my recent binge. But he's a really fantastic actor, and all the little details he's picked up from De's original version of Bones just amaze me every time I notice or learn about a new one. I mean, he does the Southern Bell onto the balls of his feet bounce that De did. He's got the pinky ring, he just oozes crusty old southern doctor. I just can't. :love2:

• I read this! 2

33 minutes ago, Death Kitten said:

Voyager had so much potential, and there really were some diamonds among the episodes... but then there were some real stinkers in there too. Also, poor Harry Kim. And holy marinara, the heavy handed stereotypes on Chakotay. o.O I usually call him Chuckles though, because <3 Q. I made a total fangirl fool of myself in front of John deLancie at a con, true story, and I blame him for getting me to watch My Little Pony — Discord FTW. I adored the cheese of the Captain Proton stuff, and I will admit I had a crush on Tom Paris. I've been considering giving it a proper binge once I finish my Xena binge (currently on season 5 of 6).

John deLancie was one of my absolute favorite guest characters. He always made me laugh and each episode he was part of was amazing. I also liked that father/son duo they had going on in Voy. I really enjoyed the Paris/b'elanna stuff, it was an interesting dynamic that was fun to watch. I was sad that Harry never found anyone and 7 of 9 was snatched by Chakotay, though. TBH, a lot of the stuff with Chakotay really annoyed me. The Tuvok/Neelix thing was pretty cute, and, I'll admit, I cried when Neelix left. :(

DS9 was an awesome show, don't get me wrong. I almost don't even have a good reason to support why I like Voy more other than saying that I just do. It's kind of hard to explain, tbh. lol DS9 is definitely a close second. :D

• I read this! 2

Tempest-full.png

@Wolfie 

Welcome to RPG Initiative! I personally love Stargate and not that familiar with Star Trek and Firefly but from what I know that is pretty awesome as well. Yay for Sci-Fi! 

Anyway if you have any questions or need some help let me know and I will be happy to help out! I hope you enjoy your time here :D  

• I read this! 1

Thanks for the welcome, @Amelia! It isn't just Trek, Stargate, and Firefly that I like. I also love Doctor Who, BSG, WH13, Eureka, Sanctuary, and the list goes on for quite a while. lol 

Basically, if it's Sci-Fi, chances are I love it. (Unless it's B5 or Farscape *shivers* lmfao)

Tempest-full.png