*excited robot beeping noises*

counterklock

Hullo everyone! I'm Counterklock!

I have over ten years of experience in roleplay, with mediums including IM, email, Google Doc, and Tumblr RP. For a very long time I stuck to one-on-one roleplays before I began to recently branch out again. It has been a very long time since I have done forum roleplay proper, but am glad to see that little has changed. Circumstances lead to my creating my own roleplay forum on Proboards, and while it certainly has been a great undertaking, I am glad to be here and am looking forward to whatever the future might have in store. 

More personally, I am a queer Canadian woman just shy of her twentieth birthday with an utter obsession with Tolkien (as evidenced by my avatar and numerous scattered references embedded within my roleplay posts; to my current and future roleplay partners, I apologize). I am also full-time university student with aspirations of going into evolutionary anthropology. In real life, I have three wacky dogs whom I love dearly and whose antics often get shared. 

I'm more recently returned to the Transformers fandom but am delighted to see how much has changed since I was last around. My favorite continuities include Transformers: Animated, Transformers: Prime, and IDW's MTMTE. My other fandoms include Tolkien, Star Trek, Star Wars, MCU, Harry Potter, and a wide variety I can't even think of right now. My interests are reading, writing, music, binge-reading fanfic, sharing heartbreaking AU headcanons with friends and RP buddies at three AM, and painting with watercolors. The Hamilton Original Broadway Musical Soundtrack is also a major theme of my life right now, and it isn't unusual to find me writing up roleplay replies to various songs. 

I'm excited to find new friends here! cc:

• I read this! 3

Heyas! Welcome to RPG Init!

You're gonna enjoy your stay here, after all we're all fun crazy and talkative!

ALSO ANOTHER PROBOARDS USER!!

• I read this! 1
adminuserbar.png.71315bfc91f356787fd0e77311e6f224.png

You're welcome!!

I'm sorry I get all excited about proboards users as they always seem to be rare!

adminuserbar.png.71315bfc91f356787fd0e77311e6f224.png

Confession: I have been out of the forum rpg business for so long that when I came back, I just defaulted to what I knew - Proboards. Now I'm navigating a Brave New World where Proboards is reviled and I, the poor naive Admin, is just trying to work out why

• I read this! 1

• Admin

Hello @counterklock! We are certainly glad to have you on the Initiative! We have geeks and nerds of all kinds here! Let us know if you need any help around here. <33

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Hey @counterklock, nice to meet you! I'm glad to see another Broadway fanatic on here myself, though I sadly have not had the pleasure of seeing anything from Hamilton yet (although I've heard wonderful things). And feel free to share the wacky antics your dogs come up with - I try to do the same with my crazy cats!

• I read this! 2

Ex Vino Veritas

@Morrigan Thank you for the welcome! I might just take you up on that offer for help, as I'm still getting used to the layout and user interface of this site. T'is a weeee bit different from what I'm used to, but I'm sure with time I'll figure it out c:

@Namari I've not had the chance to see Hamilton either, and with travel and ticket prices the way they are now, it is unlikely that I will get to see it until it goes on tour and comes to Canada T.T And yay crazy kitties! :D

• I read this! 1

• Admin

@counterklock If you're looking for a traditional layout you can change it to one by clicking on "Theme" at the bottom and choosing "RPGInitiative v1.0 (Traditional)

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

@Jason Don't tell anyone, but I actually started roleplaying on Neopets way back when. And oh gosh! Good luck watching The Hobbit and LOTR! Are you watching the theatrical editions or the extended editions?

@Morrigan ooh thank you for the tip!

@Jason The extended editions are just that -- extended. They have new additional scenes not included in the theatrical release. Usually these scenes are just filler and fluff that help round out the plot even more, but I highly recommend watching the EE of Desolation of Smaug as there are some pretty significant things mentioned that I couldn't believe they didn't leave in the theatrical edition.  

Edited by counterklock

@counterklock Welcome to The Initiative, I absolutely Harry Potter, Tolkien and the MCU myself. 

I hope you have a good time on the board! If you have any questions or need help you can always reach out to me!

@Amelia Thank you very much! :DD (and omg, I do believe our sites are actually affiliates. Small world.)

• I read this! 1

@counterklock Yes we are that is pretty amazing. The rp world is not so big :P