Am Shy Lady Person Who Can Human Well

Hello! I'm Kat and it took me two days to decide to write here.

There is something about the security of a place you know that  makes you brave; Whether that be work, at home, or on your own website. I also find being around people I know well can have the same effect. The competence of knowing I'm somewhere familiar breeds confidence. It's the only way I got through work in retail for many years. Even being behind a computer screen, I feel like I'm walking into a room of strangers. So please forgive me if I talk too much.. or too little. I'm good at both.

To relieve the tension (in my nervously twitching fingers), let's try some of these 'not mandatory' questions. I like this. This is good. I can work with this. (for those who don't know, if you start a thread here they have a nice list you can pick from.)

• How long have you been RPing?

Let's stick with online. That would be 1997 when I discovered a roleplay chat in battle.net. While playing Diablo.

• What are your favorite RP genres?

Real Life and Medieval Fantasy. 

• What other interest/Hobbies do you have?

Besides roleplaying I enjoy a variety of things I do rarely and a few things I do too much.

Video games: Currently my hubby and I have been charging around the streets playing Pokemon Go! Go team Instinct (yellow). We also play a Korean MMO called Archeage. I'm also big on phone story games and am playing an RPG on my PSP when I am in the car.

Dagorhir: I am part of a full contact medieval fighting sport called Dagorhir. We hit people as hard as we can with weapons made of foam. I'm an archer, and I shoot people in the fact with pink headed arrows with purple paws. They used to have pink panther on them, but the changed the rules to not allow it. 

My cats: I have three kitties and I love them. While I can't say I've gone out of my way to do anything amazing for them, they are my sanity. When things are stressful I have enough kitties to make me happy all over again. Their names are Cedric, December, and *cough* cat faced meowmers *cough* the last one is my sister's cat. She couldn't take care of her anymore so I have her. 

The short list of stuff I do but don't do often: drawing, water skiing, dancing, swimming.

• What's your favorite color?

blue. When I was a kid hot pink had just become a 'thing'. I was crazy about pink as a kid. My little sister was always in pink, and I was always dressed in blue. one night our babysitter was puttin gmake up on us and she exclaimed that I had the prettiest blue eyes she'd ever seen. In that moment I started to question why I liked pink. Don't get me wrong, I wrote a whole paper for an english composition class about pink, but blue slowly became my new favorite color.  I started to develope my own sense of self confidence and learned that I looked darn good in my favorite color. Blue is awesome.

• What's your favorite drink?

Tea. Hands down. I even owned a tea shop for three years. oolong is my favorite, preferably green oolongs. Still, I like just about any loose leaf tea. 

Okay, I think I wrote enough. plenty of TLDR in there, which is fine with me. Welcome to my thread. 

Edited by katherineespair

use this one kat.png

• Admin

Hey hey! Welcome back @katherineespair I am glad to see you have returned to our midst! <3

Can't wait to continue shenanigans with you! <33 How has life been?

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

A person I know! Hey Katherine! Welcome to Init! We're all friendly here 

(I used to be on the 'D under a different name)

adminuserbar.png.71315bfc91f356787fd0e77311e6f224.png

Hello! That's quite a long time of rping, that's awesome! Also, cats are great. Good choice :D

dinocountry_banner.png

The West just got wilder...

On 7/13/2016 at 5:11 PM, Morrigan said:

Hey hey! Welcome back @katherineespair I am glad to see you have returned to our midst! <3

Can't wait to continue shenanigans with you! <33 How has life been?

HAH! I'm still figuring all the bells and whistles out for this site. I kept clicking on the quote box! I'm doing alright. I've been spending less timeonline and more at my sister's house helping babysit. Lately my life has been full of Pokemon Go. Husband wants exercise and I am all for it. My legs are sore, but this is only the beginning.

On 7/14/2016 at 0:13 AM, Robmin said:

A person I know! Hey Katherine! Welcome to Init! We're all friendly here 

(I used to be on the 'D under a different name)

HAH! I figured out how to put a second quote box in!  Look at me go! Hey rob. Long time no see. It is true that I've never talked to a single scary person on DF.  Everybody is encouraging and friendly. It still makes it hard to talk to people though. Probably easier than walking into a room full of strangers though. 

20 hours ago, Jakolope said:

Hello! That's quite a long time of rping, that's awesome! Also, cats are great. Good choice :D

My dad hated dogs and was allergic to cats. You'd think we would never have a pet, but when I was in about 3rd grade he got us a kitten anyway. There is something really nice about an animal who is independent yet still enjoys your attention. I have a cat named Cedric who tucks me in every night. He follows me into bed, curls up on my chest, and grooms my face for a few minutes while purring soothly. In the morning I always find a cat or two snuggling. It makes it hard to get up.  

I'm currently feeling a bit guilty. I've been struggling with what we 'think' might be a new case of restless leg syndrome. Haven't seen a doctor yet, but it's keeping me up every night. This morning I woke up and immediately kicked one of my cats. It was gentle, but I still feel pretty bad. Seeing that look like 'WHYYYY' on her little face, ugh. 

In anycase, happy to be here. Have a rainbow :rainbow:

Edited by katherineespair
  • I read this! 2

use this one kat.png

My poor long suffering dog - now Charlie - is used to being kicked, nudged or having a foot twitch that he's using as a headrest. He looks at me gives a huff and comes and moves higher up the bed. Admittedly he's a 26.95KG Collie Lab cross but still. He's apparently decided that given I occasionally kick out in such cases come and lay next to my arms and settle for being a warm breathing teddy bear instead!

adminuserbar.png.71315bfc91f356787fd0e77311e6f224.png

Oh gosh, Cedric sounds so adorable!  My cat totally used to sleep on me as well. 

And on no, betrayl! D: Cats totally have that "why would you do that to me?" look. Hope you figure it out soon, that sounds uncomfortable for both of you D:

dinocountry_banner.png

The West just got wilder...

Being a Teddy Bear is always better than getting kicked. I can't imagine what it is like to be covered in fur, but i like to think that my cats don't like to be in direct contact with me too much because it's hot. Who knows though.

Animals are great <3

• I read this! 1

use this one kat.png