Ramblings from a Cluttered Mind

Ree

Hello! 

I have been writing online since 1994 (or 3 or 5?) 

Yes. That's right. You know, back in the day when AOL would send those CD's in the mail with free trials? Yup. What I found there was a lot of elitist people who had too many rules, were paragraph fascists, god-moded, thought themselves to be the greatest writers of all time, or were barely literate. Or, you know those places where everyone entered the tavern and took a seat in a shaded corner (guilty of that once or twice *cough cough*). You know... there were so many of those kinds of posts, I'm pretty sure the tavern was a dodecahedron. 

I may or may not have used bulletin boards... >.>

I think my strength is in individual character perspective and really like having a partner who can help me bring out the experiences and explore that character's motivations.  

I get excited by other's characters and want to interact with them and experience them through interaction with my characters. I get really excited when there's that click, and that beautiful alignment happens where both writers feed off of and play off of each other well. I love reading other people's stories when the characters have depth and the words flow well.

You know that feeling right? That spark in the brain pan when you suddenly start looking for the reply and can't wait to read it? Yeah. Love that. I always hope my partners will feel the same way.  Writing posts and collaborating on stories is my stress relief and hobby.  The people behind the posts are quite important. 

I think I get over-invested in the characters and the stories.  Characters take up space in my head and demand to be written.  I feel what they feel.   I know a few folks who say, "It's just fiction", but not for me.  I fall in love with the characters. I care about them.  I really wish I didn't. :)

Also, just because I like answering these sorts of things:

• How long have you been RPing? 30+ years if you count tabletop ;0)
  • What are your favorite RP genres?  Romance + Fantasy/Horror/SciFi
  • How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)? Forums, mostly
  • What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)?  That would be an ecumenical matter.  Just kidding. Points to folks who recognize that.   Too many to really answer this. 
  • What other interest/Hobbies do you have? I have been known to sing songs and play around town now and then
  • What's your favorite color? Green
  • What's your favorite drink?  Jameson Gold Reserve, Pina Coladas (queue the song), and Lipton Diet Citrus Green Tea

Anyhoo, that's me signing off! 

Ok, maybe lurking and reading....

And abusing commas and ellipses...

Be Well!

• Admin

lol, Welcome to the Initiative @Ree we are certainly glad to have you. I definitely remember the AOL days. Chat room roleplays for the win!

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.