Hi there!

Yume

I'm not great at these, but I'll give it a shot. So I'm Yume. This time. I've been a lot of different things over the years. To match my newest site. Anyway. I've been roleplaying since I was... roughly 9, and I'm 22 now. Ah, female, if it matters. So... yeah. I've seen some interesting trends rise and fall, and I occasionally get stuck in my RP corner for so long that I re-emerge and get really confused because wait since when was the norm? For favorite genres I really like any- and every- thing fantasy. I've got a soft spot for A:TLA and I probably always will. Harry Potter is nice but I can never quite manage to stick with it for some reason. I've no preference for real life settings versus totally fantasy worlds. I do massively prefer forum play by post. Nova's okay - but I'm not a fan of play by email normally. Chat rp... has always been more for playing around in my opinion? Like I'll do it but it's usually more joking or testing the waters than anything.

I have a hard time picking favorites- partly because I'm indecisive and partly because well, lots of things come to mind. I've said for years my favorite movie is FFVII: Advent Children. And that's not wrong? I actually really liked City of Bones too, and am sad they don't seem to be finishing the series. For books it's... basically impossible to truly pick a 'favorite' but when asked I usually give the Magic's Pawn trilogy that is a part of Mercedes Lackey's Heralds of Valdemar series. But I also love LOTR and I enjoy Tamora Pierce's Tortall series immensely. For music I pretty well run the gambit. It's easier to tell you what I don't like - most rap, most dubstep, and most nightcore. There are a few other things - but I also like things in those categories.

Outside of roleplaying I don't actually do a lot - some gaming. I enjoy writing, horseback riding. I'd like to go back to school eventually and finish my degree in pre-veterinary medicine. I've wanted to be an equine (horse) vet since I was a small child. Now I think I'd settle for any animal, but the dream remains the same. I've got a small menagerie - 2 dogs, 4 cats, several fish. One day I'd like to own a ferret again.

So that's me. <3 I look forward to spending time here.

• I read this! 2

affiliatebutton.png

Some must be warriors that others may live in peace.

• Admin

@txernest is a horse person too! Welcome to The Initiative Yume. We are glad to have you. I hope you enjoy your time here.

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I AM. I love horses so much. I used to train yearlings and weanlings and it was amazing! (I almost went to vet school but too much school, haha)

• I read this! 1

Find me on:

Mortal Ends   x5d17s.jpg
{Erin}   {Little Bird}

oh yay horse person =D

I've never gotten to do training, at least not initial training. I did have the (dis)pleasure of breaking a horse of his habit of galloping back to the barn since someone spoiled him. Yeah, Vet school IS a lot of school. I'm probably going to at least pause at vet tech so I can get a job in the field before deciding if I want to go for full veterinarian. 'cause uh. Like half the schooling man.

I was horse crazy enough as a child that my first stint in forum roleplay was an equine board #noshame (do I do occasionally cringe at the terminology we used even now. That's another story)

• I read this! 1

affiliatebutton.png

Some must be warriors that others may live in peace.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there Yume, lovely to meet you. We have similar interests to LOTR and HORSES!!!!! 👍

• I read this! 1