Role Playing in a Role Play

Bishop

So I have a Courtesan in the making who is flat out enjoying the hell out of role playing with his clients...in a role play! ^.^ Like right now he is taking one and they are pretending they are Freki and Fenrir and totally hunting and fucking like crazy. I love it.

How many of you have done this?

Would this count as breaking the 4th wall??

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

• Admin

Definitely not 4th wall breaking. 4th wall breaking is more like this:

pinkieaward.png

4th wall broken hug. (Thus why Deadpool and Pinkie Pie are BFFs).

That being said it's fun! I actually posted about there needing to be roleplayers in roleplay. However I think my high end prostitute is always roleplaying save for with a few people.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

I had a character on a site that was tv-based, so she would constantly break fourth walls and yell at the camera men (site staff) for comedic effect. It was very fun, and it would also be a really good ice breaker for the other characters since they could relate to the shenanigans.

While that sort of fourth-wall breaking is quite literally breaking the fourth wall, it was done so in a way that fit the site's overall setting. If you can manage that and have it run smoothly than I see no problem with it! It's awesome and not many people do it.

• 1 month later...

I think the closest I've ever come to this is having some characters who pretend to be other characters- as in they do impersonations of them? And I have a small number who are also always pretending to be someone they're not. For their own amusement, in some cases. But I'm not sure I'd call that roleplaying.

But either way, nah, it's definitely not breaking the fourth wall for the reasons @Morrigan covered.

• I read this! 1