Salutations

Serion

Hi! My name is Elizabeth, though here I go by Serion. I'm a university student studying linguistics. I grew up in the US, though right now I'm spending a year in Europe as part of a study program. 

How long have you been RPing?

Since 2008, though I've been writing creatively for as long as I can remember. I started out doing animal rp and have since branched out from there.

What are your favorite RP genres?

Historical, high fantasy (Tolkien especially) I enjoy some modern fantasy and sci-fi with more of a biological rather than technical focus.

How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)?

I've rped on most platforms--email, Google Docs, chat, forums, mmos, etc. I've even rped over text message when other platforms weren't available.

What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)?

Book: Les Miserable by Victor Hugo and the Aubrey-Maturin series by Patrick O'Brian; Movie: Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

What other interest/Hobbies do you have?

Besides rping, I like learning languages, riding horses, and am very interested in Age of Sail and the Georgian navy.

What's your favorite color?

Red, though most of my wardrobe and decor is blue.

What's your favorite drink?

During the winter months, hot cocoa, and strawberry daiquiris in the summer

• I read this! 2

• Admin

OMG! Master and Commander is soooooo fucking awesome! Like legit! I fucking love that movie.

It's so gritty and real it's painful.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

@Morrigan Is really is. And the best part is that it's one of the best movies out there for Age of Sail. The book it's based on, The Far Side of the World is super awesome as well. I really wish there were more Aubrey-Maturin movies because the stories are just that great. And Russell Crowe & Paul Bettany <3

• I read this! 1

Hello fellow lover of Age of Sail! In what country of Europe are you now?

I love Master and Commander too, and Tolkien and Victor Hugo.

• I read this! 1

@Gothams Reckoning Red is indeed a wonderful color. And you already know me as Alishahr.

@Elena I'll be in Norway until the end of July, so a year total.

• I read this! 4

Norway is a beautiful place to learn about ships too ;) I have never been there, I am from Romania and in the Scandinavian area I have visited only Denmark. But I read a lot about it, since the novel I succeeded to publish is about Norwegian Vikings ;)

• I read this! 1

Denmark is certainly a nice place. I'm planning on visiting quite a bit of Denmark while I'm here. There are certainly quite a few tall ships around Norway, though most are privately owned. Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to start learning sailing and other nautical terms in Norwegian. Even when I visited a Norwegian Viking Ship that visited my home city in the US, the crew said everything was in English.

• I read this! 2

3 hours ago, Serion said:

@Gothams Reckoning Red is indeed a wonderful color. And you already know me as Alishahr.

Fancy that! We've had a mutual friend all along and never even knew it!

• I read this! 3

Guest Archaic Cyborg

Historical and High Fantasy. Unf. I love those two genres! Welcome to the asylum that is RPG Initiative =D

@Blackjack Bart Thanks! I tend to be more interested in action/drama stuff than politics and intrigue, so haven't rped high fantasy in ages. But, I'm always a massive sucker for elves.

• I read this! 1

• Admin

You need this @Serion

IMG_2261.JPG

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

1 minute ago, Morrigan said:

You need this @Serion

IMG_2261.JPG

=D I really do! Such an awesome shirt

• Admin

I'm a pervy hobbit fancier myself.

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png