howdy hey

mystical

Any of you ever have those moments where you join a site, forget about it, rediscover it later and go: 'I have no memory of this place' a la Gandalf in the Fellowship of the Ring film? That was me tonight. LOL apparently I was a member here in the past but flaked out, so now here I am introducing myself properly. 

Hi, I'm Alex, 27 year old Floridian who hates the beach and loves cold weather. Oxymoron, I know. I honestly don't know what to say in intro topics ever, so I'm gonna cop out at this point and answer those lovely prompt questions that came with this topic. 

• How long have you been RPing? Oh dear, 11+ years now. I honestly can't remember how long. I FEEL SO OLD. 
  • What are your favorite RP genres? Pan/multi-fandom because I can't settle on one thing. Ever. And get bored. 
  • How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)? Forums are my preference, but I do enjoy chat-based rp once in a while - also, private rps with friends over documents. Those are fun. 
  • What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)? HAHAHAHA. This could take a while if I listed everything. Basically fantasy novels(Tolkien, Harry Potter, Wheel of Time, anything in that vein I'll probably like), fantasy/sci-fi movies and rock/metal/classical music, but...I can listen to just about anything if it pleases my ears. Weird I know. 
  • What other interest/Hobbies do you have? I'm pretty boring and rp/music/movies/books about covers my interests. Although VIDEO GAMES. Get me gaming on something I like and there goes my day. 
  • What's your favorite color? I want to say rainbow. I pretty much love all color. 
  • What's your favorite drink? Cream soda, mmmm. Also sweet tea but not too sweet. Southern US thang. 
  • I read this! 1

• Admin

Hey there @winterphoenix27 it looks like you were more likely a member of our old site (Distant Fantasies) before we migrated the community over to the new forum! So it's not a surprise that you don't remember us!

Anyways! Welcome to The initiative! Cream soda is amazing! I was going to get cream soda beer.

Enjoy your time.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

That would explain a lot, actually, LOL. Don't have the best memory to begin with and a site migration would definitely throw me off >_> 

Also thanks! Glad to be here~

16+-+1

Haha, I have those moments too – and let’s not forget the challenge of trying to remember/guess your own password. 😄

*waves*

Hi there, Alex!  I’m Cass, a fellow Tolkienite.  Do you have a favourite character from Tolkien’s legendarium?  And I shall ask you the question I ask every Potterhead… which Hogwarts House would you be in?  I’m a Hufflepuff, through and through.

Ahh, yes, video games!  Are you on PC or console?  What are your favourites?  I love Dark Souls, Salt and Sanctuary, Skyrim and loads more besides.  Last game I played was Lego Lord of the Rings on Xbox 360.

But yes, welcome to the Initiative! ~

• I read this! 1

aff.png affiliate.png

Ever wanted to explore Middle-earth?  Check out these wanted canons.

What about Attack on Titan?  Go here!

OLD PASSWORDS ARE THE DEVIL INCARNATE OMFG. Like seriously that guessing game is hell. 

Hey there Cass! xD you might regret asking me that question. My ultimate favorites are Maedhros, Maglor and Fingon from the Silmarillion, but I also love Fili, Kili, Faramir, Aragorn and Eowyn. As for Hogwarts House I'm HUFFLEPUFF FOR LYFE. -high five- 

My current console is Xbox 360, and I'm pretty well addicted to the Assassin's Creed series, but I love Dragon Age Inquisition and the Lego games as well. I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO FIND LEGO LORD OF THE RINGS AND IT MAKES ME SAD. Is that one any good/would you recommend it? I've played Lego POTC, Marvel, Jurassic Park and I'm casually trying to collect the rest as I find them. 

• I read this! 1

• Admin

If you can't find Lego LotR then play Lego dimensions. You can play it there. I know I do. Golem FTW!

• I read this! 2

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

They really are!!  I often find myself being frozen out for making too many incorrect guesses.  No, I’m not a hacker, I’m just forgetful. 😆

I have no regrets!  Shame on me, I have yet to read The Silmarillion but my forum introduced a book club this year.  Before 2017 is out, I will have read it.  Until then, Faramir is certainly my favourite!

*high fives*  YEAAH, FELLOW PUFF! :heart:

Ooh, have you played Black Flag?  It’s my preferred Assassin’s Creed game, though to be fair I haven’t played that many of them.  I have Syndicate sitting there but it hasn’t captured my interest in the same way.  I mean, how do you top pirates??

I definitely recommend Lego LotR!  Any fan of Tolkien will enjoy it.  I prefer it to Lego Hobbit, actually, though Hobbit ironed out some of the glitches and kinks from LotR.  In LotR, you basically can’t design your own character, and if you change one of the set canon cast (like put a flower pot on Saruman’s head) you can’t change them back.

I have Dragon Age Inquisition sitting on the shelf, I started it but never finished.  And by started, I mean just that, I probably only gave it an hour of my time.  I’m not a fan of the combat but people seem to love it so I really need to give it another go! ~

• I read this! 1

aff.png affiliate.png

Ever wanted to explore Middle-earth?  Check out these wanted canons.

What about Attack on Titan?  Go here!

Ahahah, no worries, I know of a lot of Tolkienites that haven't read it xD It is a pretty tough read to get started in, because the writing style is so detail heavy(yes, even compared to Lord of the Rings), but I definitely recommend it when you can get around to it. It fills in so many blanks in the story and adds a level of detail that you never really expected to exist. 

And yes, Black Flag was actually my first Creed game! I love it, and I love how it feels like a Creed game mixed with Pirates of the Caribbean(and you really can't top pirates very easily, that's for sure!), but I will admit my actual favorites are 2 and Brotherhood. I don't have an xbox one yet so I can't play any of the newer ones, but my favorites are the older ones. There's something...off about the feeling of the newer games for me. Just got into the franchise this year but I have some serious nostalgia, lol. 

Oh wow, I didn't know that about Lego LotR, but that kinda makes sense because it was one of the early Lego games I think? But I'll definitely keep that in mind if I can ever find it, lmao. 

And also it's my turn to recommend DAI xD It's a fun game once you get the hang of the combat - I admit it took me...a while to get used to it. It's mostly intuitive once you realize the characters really control themselves in your party, and you don't really need to do much about them unless they get low on health. If it's too hard, trust me, take it down to the easy setting. I always play it on the easiest one, but that's because I'm in the game for the story rather than the challenge. That's my two coppers on it, though. I thought I was gonna hate it after I bought it but it's one of my favorites now. 

• I read this! 1