Forum Relationships with One Another

Josie

You guys make me feel a little bit less creepy about stalking my affiliates.

I'm fairly picky about who I affiliate with.  Our rules and board visions don't have to be the same, but I will (and have) deny people because I disagree with their behavior and the tone of the rules.  I won't get into specific rules that I disagree with (another topic for another time), but if the rules are condescending, I won't affiliate.

To me, an affiliate is a site where I can recommend my members to go play.  I won't recommend my members to play on a site with rude or incompetent people.

That said, I don't see anything wrong with people who use affiliates purely as a link exchange.  Maybe I'm missing some piece of RP history where things were different, but it's always been a game of sorts: find sites that will benefit you in some way or another (and you, them).

• I read this! 1

WoL___dark01.png

I am currently in the process of trying to do that. And I'd like to know what sites are out there. In case a character isn't available but they have been dying for one on another site. Or maybe they want to RP young justice and my site is more adult. Then I can direct them somewhere. Also, hoping that the other site returns the favor. 

I'm new at this all. I figured it was worth a shot.

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 1
  • Love 1

pVV8ahF.png8rS34YE.png

You guys have inspired me.  I just made an "affiliate news" area in my advertising section to update the community about what's going on with our affiliates.

• I read this! 3
  • Love 2

WoL___dark01.png

2 hours ago, Uaithne said:

You guys have inspired me.  I just made an "affiliate news" area in my advertising section to update the community about what's going on with our affiliates.

That sounds amazing!

I'd love to see it!

<3

Bamf

2 hours ago, Uaithne said:

That sounds amazing!

I'd love to see it!

<3

Bamf

pVV8ahF.png8rS34YE.png

I stay super close to my genre. Like if someone is bored in my setting I'll be very aware of which boards are good and which ones won't last. I know the admin of most and am happy to lend a helping hand. Do they come in my cbox and hang? Nah. But that isn't because they are not welcome. It is mostly because they have stuff to do!

So please don't think that I'm against board relationships, I just have a history of big sites with a lot of active posts and just don't have the time to make my rounds each night and say hello. Momma has a thousand posts to write and frankly just don't have that kind of time on my hands.

Though I'm always happy to help!

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 1

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

I love this idea!

I will admit that I'm not sure I could do this myself, unless someone else did it first and I felt comfortable. But I'd love it if 'friend sites' were actually friend sites.

• I read this! 2

ccbutton.png

“And just what’s unacceptable behavior? Snogging?” She started laughing. “Oh, Merlin, Tim, we were snogging, and that’s so unacceptable. Besides, according to basic math, wasn’t he doing a hell of a lot more when he was in school? After all, you do seem to exist outside of my imagination.”

All of you are welcome to come crash my game's Telegram if you want. <3

• I read this! 2
  • Agree 1

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

On 2/26/2017 at 10:26 PM, kay said:

I love, love, love talking to people we affiliate with.

So much this, so much everything in this post.

But I feel like it's just not a thing anymore, they might get offended that you're poaching, that you're stalking, that you're using up their time with no intent to join. There's so much risk of offending.

Inspired by @kay , I started a new topic for it!

Edited by xexes
  • I read this! 3

zootopia.gif

A relaxed, dark and gritty roleplay based on Disney's Zootopia. 

15 hours ago, Death Kitten said:

All of you are welcome to come crash my game's Telegram if you want. <3

I totally took you up on that offer. I felt sufficiently creepy and stalker-y, but your chat is lovely!

• Love 1

300x80AdBanner.png

home sweet home.

18th century British India rp. Jcink premium.

be geeky with me!

• 3 weeks later...

It's been almost a month and the Affiliate News is going well.  I update every time I get a new affiliate (which isn't often because I'm really bad about affiliating), and any time I feel like it basically.

• I read this! 1

WoL___dark01.png

Oh I totally stalk my affiliates. Granted, I try to keep them to only my genre & topsite/directory links. But if you're ever in a Sailor Moon game and you see a regular guest dropping in to gush over your site, it's probably me! And I'm always happy to welcome our affiliate guests as well - we're all one community, after all. Plus, I love seeing what others have done with the genre to keep it interesting. In a fandom where it hasn't really been updated canonically in like 15 years (aside from the new anime which, really, hasn't brought anything new to the table), I love seeing how people add originality to it, which can in turn give me inspiration for my own game!

I don't worry about poaching, because, tbh, if someone is getting poached, it means they didn't really want to stay with us anyway and would end up leaving sooner or later no matter what. But I'm happy to know if they stayed within the genre and found some place they liked better. I just want us all to be friends! Plus, we're not a huge rp fandom, so we'll often see the same players recycled through games over time, so we're all bound to run into each other sooner or later.

• I read this! 1

translunary.gif.5374a61b67b4df1af4bb898e0c039553.gif

a dark, urban fantasy;

inspired by sailor moon

I actually try to do this when I can. I'll visit the cbox, add the admins on discord or skype (if they have their info available), and so on. After all, our sites are similar enough that we're affiliates, right? So we should have enough common ground to at least be friends, right? I've actually found a lot of admins don't want anything to do with me in these cases. Perhaps they feel I'm trying to pull members or somehow otherwise do something dastardly, or perhaps they just aren't interested in my company unless I'm a member of their site. I've removed a few affiliates because I just had really cold vibes about them after a while, but not every site is like this. I've ran into a few that have enjoyed my company and chatting about various sitely things without joining one another's site. But this is rare. Most don't accept or reply to my messages or reply back so tersely I feel I'm being a bother trying to reach out. I'm just being neighborly.