Deep Sea

Membership Deiselpunk and other rare settings

A thought occurred to me some time back while browsing TvTropes - why is it that I've never seen a deiselpunk RP setting? I've seen countless steampunk RPs on Gaia and other sites. I've even seen some "clockpunk" (think Da Vinci on steroids) settings in media, like Wakfu and Avatar: The Last Airbender, but haven't yet seen then in an RP.

What other settings appear to be damn unicorns in the RP world?

• Like 1

Awards

Huh, never thought of that before!  I think that some of the most "rare" settings are actually the really ordinary settings, like just generic real life, non-magical, non-fandom animal roleplays, and things like that.  Everything seems to have some sort of a "twist" to it, and it's hard to find something more vanilla, I think! O:

• Like 1

Awards

"Ordinary" and yet it seems every other site I see advertised is some sort of slice of life RP set in a small town or in LA (or Korea). We need to have some sort of chart on which sites are affiliated with whom, lol!

• Like 1

Awards

Mystery/detective role plays. Like true mystery roleplay. These are more rare due to the fact that a mystery site needs to be small and needs to be driven by someone willing to lay out clues. 

Admins like to play but but don’t always want to gm. I would love a good fast paced mystery site. 

• Like 1