This Is Me

Archivist

Hey All- Archivist here. I know I've shared some details already on my profile but these intro posts can be so helpful. I'll keep this short as I'm sure you've all got better things to do than read about some new member.

I am the Archivist at The RPG Organization. Aside from being the owner and manager of the site, I edit and save the stories to static pages off the forum. Sure, to some this may seem silly or pointless- why not just leave the stories on the forum? The simple answer is that I'm a writer IRL. Editing and archiving of the stories at The Org, gives me the practical experience for the publishing industry. In short- there's a method to the madness.

I have owned and managed this site since 2003. The previous incarnation was X-Calibur.us where we focused specifically on our own version of The X-men. The group agreed that we should get away from the material copyrighted by Marvel and DC- so we went vanilla and The RPG Organization was born.

Doing this allowed us to branch out with other 'venues' adding and removing them as interests fluctuated. And it's worked so far.

More about myself- I've been gaming since the early 90s. I got my start, like many, with table top Dungeons and Dragons and then Advanced Dungeons and Dragons. After this came the White Wolf gaming system The Masquerade- table top vampire, then the werewolf version. From here it was a jump to Live Action Role Play (LARP) with Laws of the Night. I never did get into the Werewolf LARP though. I had trouble clicking with the groups- so I dropped off.

I was living in Denver, Co when I discovered the world of online RPG. First it was The Fed Intel- a star trek based group. Then it was AOL chat X-men RP. This is the group that eventually some evolved into The Org. When I discovered forum based RP- ala - Fed Intel, I was drawn to it- more so than the AOL chat. Even though I preferred the content and subject of X-men, it was The Fed Intel that held the forum system.

So, it was academic for me to jump on this. This is where I have been since and I don't see myself leaving. I enjoy the flexibility that The Org has to offer. If a venue falters, or interest goes elsewhere- it's no trouble to make the adjustments.

I still have a lot of work to do on the archives. There's so much to my life that I give the site when time I can. Reality happens, it's a necessity that demands attention no matter how much we'd rather jump into those pools of our imaginations and stay for a long leisurely swim.

I've also been guilty of spending time on Second Life- but that's another alter ego. LOL

Feel free to contact me, ask me questions. I don't bite.

--

Taking the time to answer the suggested questions

How long have you been RPing?

Roughly started in 1992 / 93 - the guy I was dating fancied himself a Dungeon Master. Yeah, that was a mistake. Never date your dungeon master is on my list of Life Rules ( ala Gibbs Rules- NCIS)

What are your favorite RP genres?

I would have to save sci-fi with a focus on kinetic abilities. There's just something about being able to kick someone's ass without physically touching them.

How do you like to RP (Forum, chat, email)?

I prefer forum style- you have a permanent record of events. You can go back through and review for inspiration later and it's much easier to build a history with.

What country are you from? The United States

What is your favorite book, movie or type of music (or all three)?

All 3- Science Fiction adventures. I've been known to read a classic / typical bodice ripper, some women do this but I will default to science fiction give the choice.

What other interest/Hobbies do you have?

I dabble in web design, play on second life, spend time with my cat Athena and work towards my college degree. I am always, if nothing else- working on my own writing.

What's your favorite color? 

It fluctuates but lately, the last few years- I'd say - it's been various shades of  purple.

What's your favorite drink?

This is an easy one- SplasH20 Lemonade by Melaleuca.

You didn't ask about pets- so I'm throwing this in-

I have one pet- a tortoise shell cat named Athena. She's 8 years old and the most fun cat I've ever had.

The black and white tail belongs to Nieca who, sadly, passed on August 29, 2017

athena.003.JPG

"He who trims himself to suit everyone soon whittles himself away."
- Raymond Hull

17.jpg

Oh man. I, too, was in X-Men AOL RP

Welcome to the fun! I keep looking at Second Life (again) but have yet to actually find an RP community on there that isn't someone trying to immediately bang my pixels. Plus, I never have cool clothes!

Thanks guys- Sith, love the name, would that be  like "Leonard Snart, robber of ATMs"?

Rune, I feel ya there- I got involved in a few groups, so far the star trek one has yet to man-handle me into one of their RPs. With the cool clothes, I might be able to help with that. If you do decide to join SL, send me a PM to let me know and I'll send you my SL name. I want to keep my RL and SL lives separate but I'm all for dragging my associates and friends down this rabbit hole. LOL

Edited by Archivist

- Raymond Hull

17.jpg

got ya... still, one of my top favorite moments from Legends of Tomorrow

- Raymond Hull

17.jpg

Welcome, Archivist! We have seen each other around on other resource sites. I am writing too. I came to RPG because it gives me the opportunity to write together with other people. I have never seen it as a game, but only a story waiting to be written and brainstormed...

• I read this! 1

Welcome to the site, Archivist!

OMG I love your kitty! 

-is always distracted by cat pics- 

bzC3QQ.png  

Active, fun, established 2008! Come join us. 
Aeterna Roma

Sites I am on; rpabutton.png 

• Admin

Welcome to the Initiative @Archivist! Sci-Fi is also my favorite thing to do and watch and read. We are glad to have you.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.