Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kjSage

What are you currently reading?

Woo-hoo, book club!  I've added myself because I have nobody left in my real life who reads fiction, and it's nice to every once in a while be able to mention a novel and earn a response other than a blank stare.

After finishing off Tommy Orange's There There a few days ago while I sat in the airport for six+ hours waiting for a plane to get repaired, I'm finally sinking my teeth into Lauren Groff's Fates and Furies.  I bought it months ago, read the first few chapters, and got distracted.  I've been wanting to read it for a few years, but I think part of what's been preventing my getting to it is that I went and spoiled the giant twist for myself when it came out.  Honestly, the prose are yummy enough that it really shouldn't matter.  Now I'm bound and determined to get to the end. 

I just finished reading The Mask of Zorro like... fifteen minutes ago, when my laptop was taking forever to update. Next up on the list is Pompeii by Robert Harris, which has been recommended to me as a historical thriller, so hopefully that'll be fun. I've also had American Gods on my reading list for forever, ever since watching the series. 

Just finished reading this short story, Welcome To Your Authentic Indian Experience(TM) by Rebecca Roanhorse, as one of my reading challenge tasks for the Book Riot Read Harder Challenge. Definitely recommend. The link takes you to where you can read it for free, but if you'd like to listen to it you can search the title and there's a Tor link that pops up where LeVar Burton reads it. I've just started reading another short story called The Secret Lives of the Nine Negro Teeth of George Washington
by Phenderson Djèlí Clark
 which I've been meaning to read for a little while now. Again, link takes you to site where you can read it.

Still reading The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden and really loving how the story flows. (reading just one thing at a time is impossible for me lol but having the reading challenge as a guide and goal is nice so I'm at least finishing stuff here and there)

I just finished Transcription by Kate Atkinson (4/5 - docked a star because her voice wasn't as vibrant as it is in her other books) and Lethal White by 'Robert Galbraith' (5/5 - I gulped it down.)

And then I was outta books again. 😢

So I bought The Wide, Carnivorous Sky and Other Monstrous Geographies by John Langan. As the mood strikes, I can bounce between those Langan's short stories and the stories in Third Bear by Jeff Vandermeer. 

• Cheers 1