How do you deal with my issue

Crimson

I know is not age related issue because we share a skype and she is much much older than me I think and this is me...there is more to it like I am good a picking up if a person has literacy issues and I believe this is the problem....Which explains maybe why I try to not push her out because I am bilingual and when I started eons ago to RP I was pushed to the curve when i was learning to write by others and I know how that made me feel. 

On that note I do think we should speak to her and maybe advice of other places she can rp that are not advanced like ours. And yes to other members that have mentioned it to me their writing is very advance which I think is the issue they are having comprehending this person.

Places I Rp where you can find me

Crossroads To Hell

spacer.png

Dark Envy

spacer.png

Send her a straightforward and honest (though thoughtful) pm explaining the situation from your point of view about the trouble this member is causing. Explain why the behavior she is showing is troublesome. Offer reasonable solutions to the problems you see. Give her concrete goals and deadlines to meet. Ask for her thoughts and potential solutions, as well as anything on the site that may be troubling her. When you've both had your say and the plan is set, tell her that you guys will have another chat in two weeks.

Write all of this down somewhere, including any goals, dates, and concerns you have so that you can keep track. If she fails in a significant manner, well . . . Then you can explore removal from the site.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

WoL___dark01.png

I think Morrigan brings up a good point. If she's getting profiles from a buddy who just wants to be able to write with her, my lawful good heart is ENRAGED, but my logical side says "eh, no harm no foul." 

Plagiarism is a whole different pony and is no bueno. 

Both of these things said, I think the difference in these scenarios comes down to the standards of the board (having standards doesn't make something elitist, imo; because your standards can be anywhere in the gamut and match your community and players). It is frustrating and unhealthy to try to write with someone who you can not understand and who can not understand you. It's why people who only speak English don't join Russian RP boards -- communication is important OOC and IC and a break down in communication makes a mess in any situation, RP included. 

So it sounds like some of the issue with this friend(?) writing the apps is not that they are writing the app but that it is causing a hiccough in the vetting process of the board (which, unless I misread, Crimson referred to as Advanced), which causes stress and confusion on everyone. Definitely don't accuse someone of something willy nilly (just because they did it once doesn't mean they've done it again). But if the writing quality is intolerable for your community, then you need to figure out how to discuss with the player this glaring problem, set out guidelines and expectations. Tend to the problem don't let it fester. ^^

I've never RPed with you, Morrigan, but I assume you're coherent. :P Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Edited by Thyme
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
tumblr_ovxhy4cZLY1wtsmmno3_r1_100.jpg

It's not advance because I know my capabilities but not others however I understand if someone is writing it for you. However, if the style of your bio does not match your other apps or even your posts it not only confuses other players it sends red flags to others. I think that is the main issues with some of the rpers on my site they don't understand the concept that her bio is well done and her rping doesn't make sense.

• I read this! 1
  • Agree 1

Places I Rp where you can find me

Crossroads To Hell

spacer.png

Dark Envy

spacer.png

That is an interesting situation.

In all honesty I would be firm. Support your own rules, do not stand for tantrums, and let her be.

Bad writing tends to quickly chase away rp partners.  People see how someone writes, realizes they can’t work with it, and quickly excuse themselves from the situation. At the end of the day if this person is truly writing badly they will see the consequences. No matter how good their bio is, they will suffer with a lack of partners. No matter how many characters they are, they may not be able to find people to rp with them.

One member is not worth misery if all they do is cause drama. Let them have their tantrums, explain that if they continue like this they will be banned, and let them do their thing.  Don’t give them cannons that are important to the site. It might be time to build up a wall and re-establish that you are the admin. 

• Like 1

use this one kat.png

• Admin
5 hours ago, Thyme said:

I've never RPed with you, Morrigan, but I assume you're coherent. :P Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Depends on how much I've had to drink lol.

• LOL 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.