I signed up for RP Hosting.... now what?

Sammiie

may have jumped in too soon... but I saw that RPG Initiative offers RP hosting... and I signed up. 

However, I... don't know what to do from there. I am an inexperienced newbie with this sort of thing, but I want to get more experienced with hosting / backend stuff. I just... don't know where to start or where to get information on this kinda thing.

I've got my site link and my AutoSSL Certificate, but I don't know what to do with it / where to edit the site/forum. Any direction anyone could provide would be awesome! I signed up for this to practice and well, any practice would be great :D

My site link thing: http://farfromparadise-rp.rpginit.com/

Edited by Sammiie

• Admin

While this is for upgrading this can work for installing. The first thing is you need to install a forum. You can do this by using Softaculous:

However you can also install via using the store and purchasing a "software install" for the site and we'll get you started.

• Love 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

as you may have gathered, I'm totally clueless. I think that guide is very informative, but I have no idea how to get to the Softaculous Installer thing.

And I'm trying to sign up for the software installation thing through the store now, but I'm not sure what to put for the "Type of Software" option. What software options do I have?

• Admin

Well that depends on what you want. I'm going to move this over to "Software & Hosting" so others can weigh in.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

For an example, though, what would some software options be?

• Admin

MyBB, Nova, SMF, phpBB, etc.

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Thank you! Now I at least know what to Google to do some of my own research :)