Hello

Queen Halo

I've been RPing on and off for about 10 years. Mostly I've been writing on my own. I had a close writing partner but he disappeared. I've been in a writing rut for a while now because of depression and other stuff. I thought I might want to get back into it.  My favorite genres are science fiction, supernatural/horror (but in a light fun way), crime (especially capers), different kinds of punk fiction, fantasy if it's Asian influenced, maybe some romance and smut thrown in for good measure. I try to keep things light and fun. I'm not that into serious things. I want to write for fun and that means keeping my characters happy but I'm more than happy to torture other people's characters... but in a fun way.

I'm a gay dude for Estonia. You can Google it but it doesn't really matter. It's just a place.

My favorite books are generally anything by Agatha Christie. My top pick, besides the obvious, would be After The Funeral because barely anyone has read it. My favorite TV shows are Leverage, Hustle, Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, Farscape, Rupaul's Drag Race, the Super Sentai series, the Kamen Rider series. I don't really like movies. I play video games, usually for the story. I like the Assassin's Creed series, Saints Row series, Portal series, the Borderlands series, Secret World Legends (formerly The Secret World), idle games. I like Magic The Gathering but I'm a Vorthos - that means I like the aesthetic and story side of the game. I listen to podcasts - Welcome to Night Vale, Spontanianation, Womp It Up. Right now, I'm only listening to After School and Orange Caramel. Catallena is the theme song to my life now and forever.

I'm currently in university. I'm finishing my Master's in English Language and Literature. I have problems with spelling but I make it work. I've got Grammerly and everything (on Word only). I hate reading my own writing and need at least a month to handle it. If I'm allowed into an RP, I'll try to better myself. I'm not a very open person when I talk to other people. When I get to know them, I open up more. I tend to be quite frank. I have a dark sense of humor but I try to keep it in check.

My user name comes for the Yu-Gi-Oh card, Queen's Knight. When I first used it, the knight was taken, so I turned it into halo. It used to have an apostrophe but most websites won't let you use it so now it's just Queen Halo.

That's about it. I don't know what else to add.

• Admin

Woo another Portal person. *hands lemons* welcome to the Initiative @Queen Halo

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Yessss Nightvale! I'm nowhere near caught up but slowly chugging through it! I reference things from it all the time and none of my RW friends listen so they just look at me like I'm crazy because we don't go into the dog park.

17 hours ago, Morrigan said:

Woo another Portal person. *hands lemons* welcome to the Initiative @Queen Halo

Lemons? ... ... ... I had some Companion Cubes to pass out but I think I might keep them now. 😛 Thank you!

8 hours ago, Rune said:

Yessss Nightvale! I'm nowhere near caught up but slowly chugging through it! I reference things from it all the time and none of my RW friends listen so they just look at me like I'm crazy because we don't go into the dog park.

Are your friends named Steve Carlsberg by any chance? That would explain everything. And I'm quite sure we're not supposed to talk about the dog park either. 😄

• Admin

I think I prefer lemons to cubes with my clones in them. ❤️ 

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

1 hour ago, Morrigan said:

I think I prefer lemons to cubes with my clones in them. ❤️ 

There's nothing wrong with a good clone. It's for science after all. 👨‍🔬 (Sorry, couldn't resist a scientist emoji)

• LOL 1

Saint's Row and Borderlands! Hell yeah!! Who's your favorite vault hunter?

Glub glub.

1 hour ago, Deep Sea said:

Saint's Row and Borderlands! Hell yeah!! Who's your favorite vault hunter?

Well, I'm rather fond of Zer0, Nisha and Aurelia. Zer0 because he's just so damn vague and he makes a Yu-Gi-Oh reference. Nisha because I like a character who is so upfront about being a psychopath. And Aurelia because she gets to slap people and owns a planet. But generally, I like the female vault hunters more because they generally tend to be more out there as characters. Except for Krieg, he's just way out there.