Creating Religion

Bishop

So....there has been a long and slow burn of a world being built not for well over two years and we're working on creating a religion. And like the one thing that we really can get right is how to suck at it, but I could so use some outside help.

What have you done to complete this task? What were your inspirations?

"Everyone has been doing so much soul searching during all of this,

and I'm just over here drawing pics of my character's dicks."

Back in the day on my old Fire Emblem site, we had an original continent with its own religion. So we started out with the gods, we detailed who they were, what they were known for, etc. Then there were temples that celebrated the different gods, and they each had their own type of religion. Like there was the usual violent god of the barbarian types and then a more "catholic" based type with a cathedral and priests. We did use some real life religion for them with a mix of magic stuff.

I think the post just before mine is a GREAT place to start when asking yourself how to build a religion though. <3 

• Love 1

Reality is an illusion.