A roleplayers peeve moments

Amelia

When I write an ugly female character and some dudebro has some internal dialogue how she's actually beautiful. Dude, she's ugly. It's ok! She's allowed to be! 

Also, the character in question? Really isn't going to jump in your dudes pants just because of that internal dialogue. 

grumble grumble

• I read this! 3
  • LOL 3
  • Preach it! 1

sig.png.30b42565d04d922988370bf14e1447bc.png

PSI: an Occult Investigations RP

Roleplay Architects: Grab a friend (or many friends!) and just write.

You can also find me at:

static-historicalrp.jpg  B8CB4x.png rpabutton.png

Guest Parasite Eve

Character control, that's a big no for me. Any character I create I have a reason or purpose for their creation whether minor or major. With that said, I've had numerous instances where my characters have been controlled without my permission. It's very annoying to say the least.

Having someone apply on my historical fiction site a modern vampire in jeans and t-shirt.

• I read this! 3
  • Agree 1
  • LOL 3

On 1/5/2018 at 4:57 PM, Kit the Human said:

When I write an ugly female character and some dudebro has some internal dialogue how she's actually beautiful. Dude, she's ugly. It's ok! She's allowed to be! 

Also, the character in question? Really isn't going to jump in your dudes pants just because of that internal dialogue. 

grumble grumble

I have a character that is just hideous. Fucked up eye, her cheek is branded, she filed her teeth to points and weighs close to 500 lbs.

She still gets hit on. 

But she's also in a position of power and charismatic as hell so I chalk it up to that but watching people get confused when she laughs at their compliments never gets old. She knows she isn't pretty!

• I read this! 4
  • Fuck Yeah! 1
  • LOL 2

23 hours ago, Parasite Eve said:

Character control, that's a big no for me. Any character I create I have a reason or purpose for their creation whether minor or major. With that said, I've had numerous instances where my characters have been controlled without my permission. It's very annoying to say the least.

I've had a number of people do that. Once, it was someone who I liked, and wasn't too mad about it. (She was new, so didn't quite get that she shouldn't control the character, but it was more of a matter of impatience than anything else.) The other was an irritating kid who couldn't be bothered to read my extended profile. That instance was way more annoying than the other.

When someone thinks you are the problem but it's actually them. And that you're actually doing anything to make them fail. No no. That's all you :)

• I read this! 1

pvZERW.gif

When someone assumes that your character will be heavily involved in their plot and character development before consulting with you or considering what plot your character may already be in.

• I read this! 3

pVV8ahF.png8rS34YE.png

Biggest Peeve: When people take IC issues between characters to an extreme OOC. Like, it's cool that our characters hate each other IC. I love that things aren't all rainbows and unicorns because that gets old really fast. Conflict and Drama is amazing. But can you not constantly act like a jerk about the whole thing OOC? I feel like there is a line here that needs to be drawn. Joking around about it is one thing, but it gets to a point where it's not cool anymore. If that makes sense to anyone because I am not sure how else to describe it.

Smaller, but still annoying Peeve: When two members have their characters favor one another IC ((Again, that's totally cool. It's realistic.)), but things get taken too far OOC to a point where they are now making unfair/unrealistic choices based on this favoritism in a site wide event/plot that is placing everyone else's characters at a major disadvantage. Basically, I hate it when IC relationships cloud the judgement/realism of OOC choices. 

Other Peeve that has been mentioned before, but still irks me: Please don't promise me a reply if you don't intend on delivering in a timely manner. I am pretty patient and I get life happens, but if you promise me a reply today....then tomorrow...and then 3 days later just post for other people and "forget" that post...that takes away the fun of writing. Especially when you are getting my hopes up for a reply that I really, really want. 

Those first two are probably a lot of rambling, but I just needed to vent them and didn't want to get too specific. 

• I read this! 4
  • Agree 1

Brand new site.

Literally, only four writers / players so all of the current posts were threads with combinations of their characters.

New person joins, writes two posts with two of us and then rage quits because we're too clique-ish.

People come and go, that didn't peeve me. Being accused of having a clique only site amused me. Scragging the bio and posts before we could archive the lot and take them out of public view - pissed me off.

• I read this! 1
  • LOL 1

Someone somewhere went to sleep and dreamed us all alive.
Dreams get pushed around a lot, and I doubt if we'll survive.
We won't get to wake up, dreams were born to disappear.
And I'm pretty sure that none of us are here.
~ None of Us Here by Jim Stafford ~

sagas-button1.png.467e9214ee1a2d2a24c0030301948c27.png 

RPG-Initiative

*your one-stop RPG resource site!

3 hours ago, Stormwolfe said:

Brand new site.

Literally, only four writers / players so all of the current posts were threads with combinations of their characters.

New person joins, writes two posts with two of us and then rage quits because we're too clique-ish.

People come and go, that didn't peeve me. Being accused of having a clique only site amused me. Scragging the bio and posts before we could archive the lot and take them out of public view - pissed me off.

Ugh. Honestly, I've found most declarations of "cliques" to be horse shit. We get them after bombarding new people's shippers and trying to plot with them and being met with "Sure" and "whatever" and then they ragequit because of this magical "clique" we can't seem to find.

• I read this! 2
  • Fuck Yeah! 1

I especially love the ones who don't just go, but they *delete or deface* whatever they can edit on the way out. Like, dude, seriously? This is a game, (in many of our cases) set in someone else's intellectual property, and you're concerned about leaving a copy behind? What, are you not going to be able to monitize your self insertion character elsewhere if you wrote them in an rp for a while and don't rip it off the site as you leave?

Like, if someone was continuing to use your characters after you leave, fine, I get that... But your contributions to the game become part of the site history, there's no reason for the scorched earth on the way out if all it is is an archive.

• I read this! 3
  • Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Love 1
  • Preach it! 2

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

People who try to use guilt/accusations to get their way. Case in point: most people who have ever written with me know I love writing women. I'll write the occasional guy if I have a specif plot for a male character, but 97% of my characters are female. It is what it is.

So, I post a request, and, as I have learned I can't leave anything to chance, add that I'm looking to write the female part of this pairing.

Person contacts me on Discord. We start talking. I mention my ideas for my character, always mentioning her and events from her point of view.

Person goes "oh, no, but I have the female character for this already made". So I decide to give them the benefit of doubt and think they maybe didn't read the whole thing? Nah, brah, they did. But they thought accusing me of "forcing people to write males if they want to write with me" and whining about "how much they would love to do this plot, and how much they would love to write with me if I wasn't that inflexible" (mind you, this was a random stranger, not someone who had ever met me or had held a burning desire to partner with me for... any length of time), up until I simply blocked them.

But seriously, mah people. Feel free to ask whatever you want, and if I like you enough/am in a good mood, I'll even indulge  you. But accusing and guilt-tripping won't get you anything other than a block. >.>

• I read this! 7

Shady McShaderson

7 hours ago, Rune said:

Similarly, "I can't write men/women/stick bugs!"

Because????

I hate to break it to you, but they're kind of people. Not much different than what you are currently writing. (Except the stick bugs. They are not people at all.)

I get having a preference, that's one thing. But somehow being incapable of doing it? I can't wrap my head around it.

Everyone can do it, not everyone is going to be good at it. But how the hell do you get better if you don't even try?

• I read this! 7
  • Fuck Yeah! 1
  • Preach it! 1

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain

Guest Parasite Eve

•When someone uses having a submissive character as a way to get out of helping contribute to the story.

•Roleplayers wanting their characters to be dominated.

•People looking for smut rather than roleplaying an actual story.

•People wanting to bring robot winged wolves into a slice of life roleplay.