Pet Peeves of Life

Red Star

...Stop looking over my shoulder when I'm writing. It throws me off and makes me self conscious. 

• I read this! 3

Reality is an illusion. 

Those people that tell you to hang out with them more... but when you do, all they do when you talk is tell you how you SHOULD talk instead and not say things the way you say them. IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY MANNER OF SPEECH, I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE, JUST FUCK OFF. Please. Ridiculous people.

• I read this! 2

img

tumblr_opnrb7WTiz1tdfsf6o5_r1_500.gif

1. Waiting until I'm down the hall/across the room then asking me to do something that involves me walking back. I don't walk well, don't do that!
  2. Facebook drama
  3. Children screaming. I understand that you couldn't find a babysitter, but unless your child can't help it, teach them how to behave in public.
  4. Walmart.
  5. "But you don't look sick"
  6. Employees of places that get an attitude with me when it isn't warranted
  7. Death sport aka driving (even as a passenger it's scary as shit)
  8. Public transit
  9. The people on public transit
  10. ...people.
  • I read this! 1

muEzlN.jpg

Red Star,

I agree that people using your laptop without asking is aggravating. (Bonus points if those people are incompetent with computers and will open any old email/attachment or install anything they feel like on your system and get it infected with who knows what. I hate trying to figure out what they've done and how to undo it. Or, alternatively but slightly less annoying, if people like to rearrange things to suit them. So your taskbar goes to the side, the background is a kitten, your colour theme switches from purple to lime-green, etc...)

Personally no one uses my laptop because they can't get beyond the login screen. (Well... most people that I know anyway can't... If someone's determined/skilled enough then they'll get in.) If they want to use it, they need to ask me and I get to decide whether they're allowed or not. And if I do decide they can use it, which is rare at best, I don't tend to go too far away. 

Speaking of washroom issues...

Kids (or teens) who enter the stall then lock the door and crawl out under the gap at the bottom. (Thus exiting while leaving the door locked.) It's a nasty thing to do. (Taking one of the toilets out of commission for no reason.) It's bad enough there are times when a legit issue disables one, but to have a kid block a stall for giggles? And it may be blocked for a while until staff checks and re-opens that stall.

Also... please flush, don't just walk away. It takes 3 seconds and means the next person doesn't have to smell/see that. You wouldn't like someone to do that to you (or do that in your home) so why do it to someone else?

Naome, 

Seconding the "don't ask if you don't want to be told" bit. I'm pretty sick of people who only want to be complimented. 

As for other things that bother me...

People who expect me to drive them to a bunch of places. If I asked if they wanted to go to <Store> or <Place> that doesn't mean I want to stop at every little place along the way or ones that are "only a bit out of the way". And if they asked me to take them somewhere then I am especially not interested in a dozen stops before doing that. I only agreed to take them to one place, not those other ones too. 

Not to be rude, but I very often don't have a ton of time to be driving people around. I've got my own stuff that I need to do or places I need to be (often work). Plus going to these other places still takes fuel... And if they aren't contributing to that then I really don't want to take them. (Look, fact is that it costs me <amount> to drive from place to place, if you asked me to take you someplace... the very least you can do is pay for the fuel. If I asked you if you wanted to go, it'd be nice if you chipped in a bit just to help out... Especially if you asked to go to a bunch of extra places.)

People who think the whole world is against them and things are never their fault. Most of the problems they have are because of things they've done or choices they've made. Don't sit there and claim people hate you if you're the one insulting them.

• I read this! 4
"There are three sides to every story... Your side, their side, and then somewhere in the middle is the truth."

I don't know how you got crap on the upper back side of the toilet bowl and I'm not going to ask if you're practicing for some unsavory Olympic sport every time you go in the bathroom. But you did the doo. Clean up after yourself! 

• I read this! 2

Reality is an illusion. 

• 2 weeks later...

* Leaving dresser draws open. DUDE CLOSE THE DAMNED DRAW WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT.

* Shaving and leaving beard hair all in the sink. If I have to clean my long hair out of the shower, I expect a clean sink in return.

* Co-Workers that don't seem to want to do their job, are toxic to everyone else, are miserable working there, but for some damned reason refuse to quit.

* Being told I "can't" or "shouldn't" do something for some arbitrary nonsense reason (admittedly most often being "because girl").

Oh, my biggest one the last week:

* "Don't do [insert mild physical task here like shoveling snow] Anymore". I'm Pregnant, not Disabled. We can revisit this "no physical labor" thing when I'm at 6 months.

• I read this! 5

OnyxSiggy1.jpg.c76f2c1acc64a865bdf5164f4c085020.jpg

CHANGE THE EFFING TOILET ROLL PLEASE. 

And no, don't leave it on the damn counter. Put it on the actual ROLL. 

• I read this! 4

Reality is an illusion. 

On 1/24/2016 at 0:10 AM, CovertSphinx said:

Co-Workers that don't seem to want to do their job, are toxic to everyone else, are miserable working there, but for some damned reason refuse to quit.

I can sort of understand why they may be reluctant to quit though. I mean getting another job can be extremely tough. And there isn't a lot of point in quitting a job unless you've secured another one first. I mean most people still have bills they have to pay which makes it harder to just quit.

Something that kind of bothers me is when you tell someone a time to meet (or to go to a party or something) but then they show up like 45 minutes early. Not to be rude but there was a reason that they said <time>... Because before that things wouldn't be ready. 

Another thing that bothers me is when people who don't respect their own stuff expect to borrow my stuff. I generally don't like loaning my things out because most people don't take care of borrowed stuff anywhere close to how I treat it. (Which means for me to loan something of mine means I trust someone a great deal.) And many times people who borrow things tend not to replace or fix things when they invariably get broke. (To many people it's very much a case of "Eh, wasn't mine so I don't care.")

Plus, not going to lie, I work hard to save up money so I can buy my nice stuff. And I really can't afford to go replacing it myself because someone broke/lost it when they borrowed it. (I'm not saying they'd break it on purpose but crap happens. They turn their back for a second and it walks off. That happens more often than people think.)

• I read this! 3
"There are three sides to every story... Your side, their side, and then somewhere in the middle is the truth."

• Admin
2 hours ago, VirusZero said:

Plus, not going to lie, I work hard to save up money so I can buy my nice stuff. And I really can't afford to go replacing it myself because someone broke/lost it when they borrowed it. (I'm not saying they'd break it on purpose but crap happens. They turn their back for a second and it walks off. That happens more often than people think.)

Exactly! My mother/brothers are the worst at this. I lost a Wii and a carpet cleaner and more to their disrespectful use of my things.

• I read this! 1

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

• 2 weeks later...

- Electronics that come in that maximum security plastic. Headphones, phone chargers, you name it. If I buy one on the road I also have to buy a pair of scissors to open the damn things. Even then it's still so hard that there's a good chance I'm going to cut the cord while attacking the packaging with the scissors.

- First world problems and people's lack of empathy, sympathy or understanding. This is a big one at my work, where we use a night trade window from midnight until five. Someone wants a drink I just go get it for them, no big deal right? Wrong. A surprising amount of customers huff and puff or blatantly insult me. Even after I explain that it's not against them but a store policy that applies to everyone; that I cannot open the door unless I hit the emergency button, thereby alerting every police car in the area of a false alarm. But nah, apparently letting some snowflake into the store at 3AM so they can browse around is more important. Yeah let me just press that alarm, waste thousands of dollars of resources and lose my job all for you, a stranger! Maybe it's time to look for a new job. :P

• I read this! 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

People circumventing processes or trying to because they don't like the answer that they got.

Also when people state: "I don't have a choice"

You ALWAYS have a fucking choice you are choosing to be a doormat  because you don't know how to tell someone "That doesn't work for me let me check with XYZ". Appointments are always flexible just because you didn't say that it didn't work for you because of something doesn't make it my fucking problem.

• I read this! 3

0_mainsignature.jpg

image.png

Profile set made by myself and original Artwork by Fae Merriman, my daughter.

Kind of keying off the above, when someone won't be honest with others and tries to lie about why they won't or can't do something. Look, just grow up and tell the truth. If you can't or don't want to do something, just say that. But don't lie to them because they are going to figure out. Lying to them won't help anyone and almost always results in situations getting worse.

Furthermore, don't expect others to get involved in your little game of lies. They don't have the time, energy, patience or possibly memory to keep track of what lies you're telling to who.  And in many cases, if push comes to shove, they're not going to back your lies. So you should reasonably expect that whatever tale you're spinning will bite you in the back end.

If you make a promise... keep it. 

Especially if someone's sticking their neck out on the line for you. Don't risk burning bridges with friends who are trying to help you out by doing so. Otherwise you may soon find that you have no friends left (or people who will help you).

• I read this! 4

Relatively small thing, but when people listen to music or videos in a crowded place. I don't mean headphones in and it's just loud enough to hear, I mean full blown just listening to stuff out loud, and with the volume cranked up. Drives me nuts!

• I read this! 4

Ex Vino Veritas

• 1 month later...

Coworkers. Oh, need some elaboration? Hehe.
When they don't do their jobs and leave it for the next person (me), or call me in early because they want to go home for no reason. Apparently it's too much to just expect people to do their job. Don't mind if they're sick, I'll cover for them. But when I'm asked to cover every second week? No thanks.

• I read this! 1

1 hour ago, Honorem said:

Coworkers. Oh, need some elaboration? Hehe.
When they don't do their jobs and leave it for the next person (me), or call me in early because they want to go home for no reason. Apparently it's too much to just expect people to do their job. Don't mind if they're sick, I'll cover for them. But when I'm asked to cover every second week? No thanks.

Holy marinara, the department manager for the printing department I worked in at my last retail job did that all the time. The store manager expected her to schedule herself for a full work week, and give those of under her as little time as she could while still keeping the department covered. It got so bad that her number had a special ring tone so I knew when I could just ignore the call when my desperation for money wasn't high enough to play the rush to work four hours early to let her go play hookie.

On 01/31/2016 at 5:19 PM, VirusZero said:

This also applies to food and supplies. If I buy the good triple ply toilet paper, and you finish it off only to replace it with the single ply sandpaper you bought at Walmart (a place I painstakingly budget to avoid ever darkening their doors), or you drink the last of my good loose leaf tea I order online and think that replacing it with liptons from the grocery store is a okay? There is a special place in hell for you, and it's no where near me anymore.

And people who *know* good grammar and spelling, I've seen you use it, but you can't be bothered to use in it a text message, IM, or any other text based communication when using a full keyboard or one of those software keyboards that can practically read your mind? You're on my list. >:(

I saw someone mention public transit. Just yes. Public transit is like purgatory for the living in the US. Most bus drivers around here are nice once they recognize you, but the angry ones make your life hell, and when people decide to be idiots and you can't get off the bus because you'll be late to work or whatever else you'd going to?

• I read this! 2

Emperor468x60.png.b7bb87f952ee0dcc7a97150c6258c8f9.png

Captain Amelia Waterhouse, Commanding Officer

=/\= Join =/\= Roster & Openings =/\= Rules =/\= Chat =/\=

"It is human nature to yearn to be what we were never intended for. It is singular, but it is so." -Mark Twain